• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      coatl

Here is the latest work I have done. Tried to post more than one pic, but had lots of trouble… anyway used all tree needle liner setup. Gotta watch it with those 3’s… no resistance, gotta be extra careful. We may do some color work in the feathers on the nose and tail, but the client kinda likes as is.

kind of small liner to do such a big piece – just my opinion though
      looks good form the small pic
      we suggest using http://www.flikr.com
      and posting a link

coatl

I had planned on using a larger liner, but with such tight shapes making up the body I thought the thinner the better. I often wonder how the long term life of the tattoo will make it look, and in this case I thought it might bleed into itself less. Any thoughts on long term healing and long term ink bleed and fading?

BigSerg

what did you use for the outline a 3?.

coatl

yeah I used a 3, though I think I would have been smarter to go with a larger grouping. However we are in the process of coloring right now, and the thin outlines are kinda nice. They don’t overpower the colors. I may go back over some of them and sculpt them out later, that is if the guy can sit through it after probably about 4 more hours of coloring.

BigSerg

yeah I would of used at least a 5 round. Its doesnt look bad though, and dont worry about it being straight because these type of pieces are not of straight fine line cause they have that rocky look…Im a big fan of black and white, I would have just shaded everything in with a grey wash, but color is getting alot more popular..def post a pic of it when its completed…By the way, what mag are you gonna use for color packer?

coatl

I’ll definitely post some pics when finished. We did a session the other day, but have not finished yet. We colored in the feathers in the tail and on the nose, red and blue, and did some nice black fading into a dirty yellow in the main line of the body. I used a 9 mag curved and it worked really well, its been about a week and the client informs me that the work we did already feels healed and the colors are looking good. I’m prolly gonna setup up a 7 mag and a 7 round for the rest of the work we’re gonna do in the body shapes, hopefully this week.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan