• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      giliegil

who here runs rotary? – i myself run coils but i received a rotary for attending a seminar in a tattoo convention – i was amped up to try this thing but i either need shorter needled or longer tubes on this machine – the gap between the nipple that holds the needle loop and the vice grip is toooo small – has anybody else ran into something like this? – because i powered it up and that thing was singin on like 4 volts……..it was like music to my ears – it was hummin so sweet hmmmmmmmmmmmm :mrgreen:

Loopi

I was given a rotary by one of the lads in the shop. God knows where he got it, when I say given it was more like “stupid f*cking thing take that there and figure it out”

I still havent figured it out… but I noticed my disposable tubes with grip had difficultly in it.. but I have a chrome grip and disposable tips after some adjusting I got it all to fit nicely.

That being said I still cant figure out how/or what its meant to do shading or lining.. this could be because of my lack of experience, I asked Mag (mentor) he told me stick with coils but then people say rots are nice and quiet. She runs low volt but I find she has difficultly pushing the needle. She is sitting in my case now (mostly to make me determined to figure her out).

So after my blabbing, I say grip and tip that can be adjusted seem to fit in well.

giliegil

yea – but i dont use the metal stuff because i dont have and dont want to deal with an autoclave and all that stuff – i just use disposables – from what i was told – the rotarys are for everything, “plug and play” is the slogan – if any pro here has any info on this – feel free to throw your 2 cents in here :geek: :mrgreen:

nytemareh
      Participant

I have 2 hildbradt rotaries and i use disposable everything. I dont have this problem. What machine is it?

giliegil

i dont see a brand name on it – but it has a skull wearing a bandana and a yankees hat – a thunder bolt on each side and a banner above and below the emblem i justt described that reads – tattoo – on top and – machine – at the bottom – it’s the same on both sides – i don’t know if that helps – but i got it at a nick malasto seminar – i don’t know if you have heard of him – but dude is sik! anywayz – i lined up my regular machines next to this one – lining up the needle nipples and it looks like the vice grip of the rotary is sitting on my coil machines vice grip – that is the difference that is making me unable to use this sweet sounding machine…….. :( 8-)

nytemareh
      Participant

hmmmm…..maybe go to his website and send him an email. for what types of tubes, tips, and needles he suggests to use. don’t forget to say you use disposables only

Loopi

^^^ good idea! sometimes the simplest solutions are the hardest to think of!

Just wanna say I dont use my needles on people I understand the importance on disposable tubes. I was just told that it would be cheaper to buy my needles and tips for my melons :) I have the disposables but they are my “when you get to tattooing level” kinda sit there like my goal :)

patm80

Rotarys are becoming extremely popular at the moment with portraits and realism, especialy machines like the stigma hyper, inkjecta specific 3, spektra halo from FK irons, all of which have adjustable give and a coil like feel, look at some of the work done by some of these machines on the companys facebook pages and youl be blown away:-)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan