Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve done a few tattoo so far but keep seeing a grayish color under the skin over the ink placement?… Would anyone have any experience with this situation? Is it under penetration :?: ?

Lennart82
      Participant

Are you referring to a blur around the edges? Or?
      But if so, depending on how blurry it is, If its a line around the whole edge, it could just the healing process, and is quite common. You can check up on them after they are completely healed.

BUT it could also be blowouts, where the angle of the needle went in wrong and you blasted ink under the skin. This is a complete NO GO. Its an embarrassment. But every now and then this happens to even top notch tattooist artists.

Thanks for the reply Lennart82…..

I’ve done a little research online. And i’ve read that it’s dry or dead skin over the tattooed area. I’m not sure if i need to turn down my voltage, or if im moving my hand too fast and the needle hasn’t retracted all the way into the tub?…. I’ve been practicing on myself and there’s just a shinny layer of skin across the surface of the tattoo. Not the line work, i dont see the ink spread of over penetration…

Lennart82
      Participant

Have it healed up yet?

A good way, is to check up on it once its completely healed.

And yes, dead skin over the area have a tendensy to become greyish. Could also be the ink infact. I once used a new set of blacks, cant remember the name, they had a silver glare in the first healing period. Never used them again, as they lost the blackness very quickly, and became grey/green.

But best advice, wait for it to heal, and then if its still there, take a picture and post it. Then lets have a look :)

Ill post a pic Asap. Thanks for the input Lennart82.

Here’s a pic

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

that looks a lot like scar tissue to me

Lennart82
      Participant

Hmmmm have to agree on that. How much time have gone since you made this, and then taken the picture?

Only about a week and a half or so… It’s still healing. I feel like i had the voltage too high for that area.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I think it could be a depth or angle issue, or even a technique issue.

the way you test your voltage is you run it really low and slowly increase it until you hear it kind of “kick over”
      this is the sound of the A-bar hitting the front coil
      then you gently touch the a-bar withy our thumb
      if it doesnt bog down at all its too high
      if it goes back into the tube too much its too low
      if it bogs down only a little you’re good

if its too high youll cut the skin
      if its too low you wont penetrate the skin

you want to make sure you have as much of your throw as possible when you are touching the A-bar
      this is to rsemble the resistance of the skin

Thx guys.

I realizing that different part of the body/Skin are less and more durable. This might be a repetitive question. How would you approach the tender areas like behind the knee, inside the bicep…? I’m guess i’d need a softer hitting machine, but still maintain the speed…?

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

I think it could be a depth or angle issue, or even a technique issue.

the way you test your voltage is you run it really low and slowly increase it until you hear it kind of “kick over”
      this is the sound of the A-bar hitting the front coil
      then you gently touch the a-bar withy our thumb
      if it doesnt bog down at all its too high
      if it goes back into the tube too much its too low
      if it bogs down only a little you’re good

if its too high youll cut the skin
      if its too low you wont penetrate the skin

you want to make sure you have as much of your throw as possible when you are touching the A-bar
      this is to rsemble the resistance of the skin

Thanks for the information. I think im running my machines too hard.

dee sydney
      Participant

I think thé shinyness is Just thé Healing process . But its hard to tell with out à picture.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan