• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Guhittinta

Hi! just want to ask, is it really a big factor that you start/use with a branded equipment? does it really matter that your equipment/machine/ power supply etc… will that affect the way you put tattoo on someone’s skin?? coz i’ve been planning to buy a kit but there are 2 options, the cheap one and the expensive one. really need a help here. thanks!

Spider
      Participant

While there is a valid argument about the quality of the equipment used, there is also a valuable old saying that a poor craftsman will blame their tools for poor quality. This does translate into tattooing as well. Now you can go out and buy a 400-700 machine, 300 power supply, the best cords and switch and so on…but if your quality is poor it won’t matter. Right now I am using a set of Cam machines personally at the shop, great coils, good throw, excellent weight. And none of my machines run over 100 a piece. My power supply is a effective eyepower small unit and runs like a champ. My point is that while you can be the mechanic that swears by craftsman tools, you don’t necessarily have to be. The biggest thing to remember is the build of the machine, capacitors, coils and whether they are actual copper or not, lead free solder, good magnetics and so on. Research these things as they are integral parts of your equipment, get to know what you NEED to have a decent machine and you can buy the pieces separately and build your own to your liking and have it run perfect for you. Always keep in mind that knowing not only how to build, but how to repair your equipment Should be an essential part of being a tattoo artist and not just just a tattooist.

robroy289
      Participant

@Spider wrote:

While there is a valid argument about the quality of the equipment used, there is also a valuable old saying that a poor craftsman will blame their tools for poor quality. This does translate into tattooing as well. Now you can go out and buy a 400-700 machine, 300 power supply, the best cords and switch and so on…but if your quality is poor it won’t matter. Right now I am using a set of Cam machines personally at the shop, great coils, good throw, excellent weight. And none of my machines run over 100 a piece. My power supply is a effective eyepower small unit and runs like a champ. My point is that while you can be the mechanic that swears by craftsman tools, you don’t necessarily have to be. The biggest thing to remember is the build of the machine, capacitors, coils and whether they are actual copper or not, lead free solder, good magnetics and so on. Research these things as they are integral parts of your equipment, get to know what you NEED to have a decent machine and you can buy the pieces separately and build your own to your liking and have it run perfect for you. Always keep in mind that knowing not only how to build, but how to repair your equipment Should be an essential part of being a tattoo artist and not just just a tattooist.

Exactly!! Well said! But however i will say i used the cheaper machines for a long time then i slowly built up my money and bought a nicer machine hear and there.. The geometry and quality parts make a good machine as well as good coils that will not heat up after hours of use.. I found that PULSE machines are crafted very well and are ready to use out of the box.. They do not vibrate loose every-time i use them so no re-adjustments are needed. A fair machine and a really good power supply ia what you need.. You usually cant go wrong with a 10 turn power supply. All those fancy read outs aren’t good for anything in my opinion!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan