• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gregtatts
      Participant

hi could i just ask my machine sounds right but just want to check is it best for the contact screw to be flat or relaxed on liner and shader plus my machine only runs well at 10v +on liner and thats with tiny sparks not shore what im doing wrong its got new 10 wrap coils all cleaned up but when i was putting it back together thats how its running can the capacitor be put in the wrong way cheerz

ben.catterall
      Participant

Hey mate, what machines are you running? Also, what power supply?

There is a lot that can change the amount of voltage needed. If its a cheaper machine, the coils will be made with cheaper wire and core, therefore having more resistance in them meaning the need for higher voltage. Or your air gap could be too large… Or your rear springs could be too stiff or with too much of a bend in it. 10+ volts is pretty high to be running the machine at, but if its running well and not over heating then its really up to you if you want to start changing out parts…

Do you know how many wraps are in your coils? or what capacitor is attached? Can you attach a link to a photo of your machines?

Cheers,
      Ben :D

gregtatts
      Participant

Hi duse Yh.there’s. A pic on my introduce myself confused newbie lol it’s got new 10 wraps cheerz

gregtatts
      Participant

Soz dude 6.3 v the coils r new but the frame is a cheep puma doesn’t over heat but just sounded to fast cheerz

ben.catterall
      Participant

oh ok. I get you now. well there are a few ways you can slow down your machine… higher rated capacitor will work but will also make it hit harder, softer front springs will also slow it down, or you can increase the air-gap by unscrewing the contact screw.

is this for a liner or shader set up?

Is the 6.3v the running volts you use?

what springs do you have on it at the moment?

I cant really tell too much from the tiny pics available on this site, but if you tell me some of the specs I can try to help out.

Cheers,

gregtatts
      Participant

Hi it’s 6.3 is the capacitor I want this one for liner I think it’s a soft from try spring CUZ the hardest one I have is short by air gap do u mean lifting armature bar n I’ll try getting some close ups for u in morning it’s 23.50 here lol
      :lol:
      cheerz

ben.catterall
      Participant

haha. sorry to be keeping you up mate, its only 1000 in the morning here. :lol:

What is the uF rating on the cap? The 6.5v is basically the maximum rating the capacitor should be used at so I would be very careful using it at 10V like you where saying, it may blow the cap.

If you are setting up for a liner you generally want a fast, hard hitting machine with a longer stroke, so what i would suggest (only my opinion) is a 47uf or 33uf capacitor (volt rating higher that 10 preferably), harder rear springs and softer front spring so it runs faster, while still hitting hard. and a larger air gap (the gap between the A bar and the contact screw when a bar is depressed to the coils with your finger)

If your after some really good springs, i love Eikon device “true spring kit”. it has lots of different gages, all marked. Their A bars are awesome too because they are beveled so you dont need to bend your springs which takes a lot of the guess work out. If you cant buy from their site cause youi dont work in a shop try get their stuff on eBay, just be careful of ripoffs.

Cheers,

gregtatts
      Participant

No mate that’s fine need the good advice I’ll check it out n let u no
      Cheerz

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan