Jaychap

About a 10-15 minute drawing

Jaychap

More

Jaychap

Skull

nytemareh
      Participant

Ok. I will say the raw talent is totally there. I will suggest that you google traditional tattoo flash. It is a very nice starting point. It is basic, but very hard to do properly. Sailor jerry is a stand out in traditional tattoos. Start drawing that stuff. I will challenge you here. Take a look at anchors, roses, and banners. Do your spin on that in a traditional style. here are a couple of these I have done. Although they are not totally traditional, they are my spin on that.
      I should have made roses bigger in this
      http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q542/nytemareh/My%20Traditional/tn.jpeg

This is not finished at all but an idea
      unfinished

Jaychap

Yeah I like it. Your drawing defiantly look good. I’ll draw a couple and post then in this same topic.

Jaychap

Sailor Jerry traditional.

nytemareh
      Participant

First slow down. Look at it. Does it pop? The design is a cool idea. Ether redraw, or spend more time tweaking it. Bring in some more dark values. Take your time. I cant stress that enough.

Jaychap

Found that in my sketch book. Added roses and rope. I’m gonna make it look real good. Ill post it tomorrow when I’m done. I appreciate the tips

ic3qu33n

i like to find the old school flash and do my best to immitate it in my spare time… its quite a challenge still after 20 years of drawing.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan