• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Hated

I’ve only been tattooing about 6 months or so and learning as much as I can everyday.
      This is a rosary i did on my wifes ankle, the cross does line up but looks off because of the angle of her foot, not 100% happy with my linework on the cross but she loves it. the band and beads were freehanded.

cherry blossom branch in progress on my wifes ribcage,I drew the basic outline of the branches with a marker and have been working on shading them, the flowers were all done freehand. I have to work on it a little at a time because she taps out from the pain after a short time.

this was practice on my own leg, did it on my right calf and i’m right handed so it was a bitch to do. cam phone pic sucks and i’m going to have to go back and fix some things when it’s healed but overall it came out ok

pigskin practice

TexasPT

nice work, man. the one on your calf looks a little chewed up.

Hated

yeh i overworked the hell out of it with the RS. I was layering colors and hit it too many times. But hey i learned from that and better to learn that lesson on myself than someone else. I had some oatmeal cookie lookin scabs in a few spots lol

TexasPT

@Hated wrote:

yeh i overworked the hell out of it with the RS. I was layering colors and hit it too many times. But hey i learned from that and better to learn that lesson on myself than someone else. I had some oatmeal cookie lookin scabs in a few spots lol

been there, done that. usually with rounds as well.

jtdaltonsr

I think this is good work man. Keep it up, post more pics! What needle config for the tree and blossoms? What ink brands? Any special techniques that you had to use?

Hated

I used mostly 7 and 9 mags, grey wash for the branches and just started with a medium to light wash and worked my way up.
      the blossoms were just pretty much whipped from the center out. I use starbrite inks, havent tried any other brands yet.
      I’m getting better and learn a lot every day but i have a long way to go. I just ordered a copy of the basic fundamentals book last night.

I’m going to be doing some upgrades soon, right now I’m using cheap $40 chinese machines but I’m about to build a small private studio on our property and upgrade my gear to probably something like danny fowler or micky sharpz machines, havent decided on what i’m getting for sure, still researching. Yesterday I completed the 4 hr BBP and infection control course for tattoo artists, cost me $50 but it’s worth it.

leopardprints67
      Participant

@Hated wrote:

I used mostly 7 and 9 mags, grey wash for the branches and just started with a medium to light wash and worked my way up.
      the blossoms were just pretty much whipped from the center out. I use starbrite inks, havent tried any other brands yet.
      I’m getting better and learn a lot every day but i have a long way to go. I just ordered a copy of the basic fundamentals book last night.

I’m going to be doing some upgrades soon, right now I’m using cheap $40 chinese machines but I’m about to build a small private studio on our property and upgrade my gear to probably something like danny fowler or micky sharpz machines, havent decided on what i’m getting for sure, still researching. Yesterday I completed the 4 hr BBP and infection control course for tattoo artists, cost me $50 but it’s worth it.

Nice work. You’re well on your way. Where did you find the BBP course at?

Hated

Thanks, I took the course at http://blxtraining.com/?page_id=1064
      it was pretty easy, i am already bbp certified through my job but it isnt tattoo industry specific so there were additional things that are covered in the course. I probably could have found a cheaper version but this one meets most state and government agency requirements.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan