• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      longroad

Eric here, and am a trained artist that has trained others as well, though have been out of the business for 12 years. These days I have had 12 years of working a day job and being hounded by my old customers to work again. I retired (quit) for all the wrong reasons that I felt at the time was right, and over the past couple months have been doing a bit of soul searching and have come to one conclusion, my tattooing defined me, made me, and is who I am. So back in, though not willing to go all out and do marathon sessions. I found this site and thought it might help some to have old school advice on occasion with out some of the holier than thou advice I see at times (sorry guys too much anger). I’m sure it will open some interesting arguments on occasion, but after the words stop flying lets all have a beer and laugh at each other!

I basically built a rep on cover-ups and doing all custom work during my time, these days, as I work back into the grove will be basically working all custom pieces as what I have on the string is those people that are covered with my custom work. Some freehand some stenciled, and some just exactly what they brought me with my added flair. As tribal really came into popularity, I hated it… lol damn kids, but nowadays it has grown on me. I have seen some really outstanding pieces that I cannot deny the quality and look. Personally when I pick up a pencil I will draw caricatures but of my own demented mind, nature and realism, and dragons. I am not a portrait artist, just don’t have the gift for it. There are those that are truly gifted in that era, and good god if you want one go to them and pay for what they can do! Worth every penny! I am a fantasy guy, always will be and never want to try to be what I am not.

So as I get ready to go out on this rainy evening Wishing all a good evening!

Eric

Jester
      Participant

Welcome!! I look forward to picking your brain.
      It’s nice to have seasoned artist to learn from.

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome glad to have ya!!!

Welcome! You could check my post on “post your work” I could use any advice.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan