• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

I dont know if this has already been discussed. But here it goes again.
      I am interested in the setup of the springs, and I’m interested in hearing YOUR opinions on the matter,
      What I’m not interested in, is; It all depends. Its how you like it, and so on. I’m interested in concrete answers ;)

So about the springs, what type, and what settings works for you, and what works for what, for YOU. Lining, shading and colouring.

I use medium tension springs for everything. The only reason; I havent tried anything else. But I feel like I should try something more, I feel like I’m missing something. My mentor, way back when, didnt have a clue on what type of machines that were a Liner, Or a shader. So I have missed out on the spring part. I have read a ton about the spring tension, Almost every thing came to the same conclusion; Its up to you.

What works best for you guys???

Spider
      Participant

I have found that different springs depends on what machine I have, My damascus runs much better with high tension springs, usually the black alloy ones. My vol runs better with softer springs, one of my cheaper shaders runs beautiful with no o-ring on the spring. I also use steel contact screws instead of copper or brass, the point lasts longer and they hit just fine. Dumping your capacitor and replacing it with a better one helps alot too. (helpful hint….if ur in need of capacitors open up ANY electronic device you’re not using or is busted, most of the time the capacitors are still good. using a soldering iron, take them out and you now have a whole collection of very good capcitorts)

Rscotti91
      Participant

Hey Lennart! Long time no talk. To tell you the truth I’ve tested out higher gauge springs and lower. I’ve come accustom to the higher, I like how my liner hits harder ,faster and, I can keep a fairly quick hand speed when lining. On my shading machine I like how I can get a nice soft and fast stroke. As for my color packer it’s quite similar to liner, just with a runs faster. If you couldn’t tell I prefer to user faster running machines. haha. I don’t use any o-rings on any of my machines cause I don’t notice a difference, IMO.
      R.Scotti

Lennart82
      Participant

Hey Rscotti, year you been away :P

Well guys, this is just what I was talking about, I wanted to know what YOU liked, and DID’NT like. :ugeek:

Anonymous
      Inactive

Some time it happens with such type of fast stroke the lining which had been made is really very convenient one.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan