• Author
      Blaze

Can i use and outlining ink to color in a tattoo

Viper65

Black is Black… :mrgreen:

Blaze

That was what i was thinking :D

jtdaltonsr

Well, blacks are NOT the same. you got ouliner, which is typically thinner and goes in better, then you got tribal, which is thicker and more pigments within the formula, and then true black which is generally all around good.

Blaze

Thanks for the info

morbidkitty

I’ve used starbrite black outline ink to outline and shade and all of the tattoos i did healed MUCH lighter then other black inks i’ve used.
      I wouldn’t recommend this particular type for nice dark looking tats. One or Intenze Zuper black has been working good for me :)

wrathone11
      Participant

I’ve been using Kuro Sumi outline ink for almost all the black in tattoos I do for five years now and have never had an issue or wished that it had been darker, it’s always been great. I’ve played with some other blacks from eternal, skin candy and millennium and really didn’t see a big enough difference in the results to stop using Kuro Sumi. I’m going to try out some Waverly dark black soon, I recently started using some of Waverly’s other color inks and I love them and I’ve heard great things about his dark black. I know Intenze triple black is supposed to be a really dark and easy to use black, but haven’t tried it yet. When it boils down to it, it’s all just a matter of your personal preference.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

kuro sumi is great for tribal or shadowing. it is blacker than black and stays black. i have some work i’ve done over a year ago and it looks almost a dark as the day it was done. i dont care for it when doing black and grey though. it just seems to dark for what i like…my opinion of course.

Randy5
      Participant

I’ve used Kuro Sumi Outline ink to color in a tribal and to shade other pieces only to have to fix the tattoos because it healed to lightly. I’ve found intenze true black to be the best for coloring in a tribal tattoo or watering down for grey work.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes you could draw an black outline it would be looking very attractive and give an aw sum look to it.

temporary tattoo manufacturer

I personally do not like the starbrite for fill as it can be a beast to work in smooth and I also have found it does not do well near the hands I myself usually use Kuro Sumi however I have been trying out Irezumi from Technical it is bottled by Millenium Colors I love it nearly as much as my kuro in that regard if you dont care for the haze or kind of blue green black that sumi inks give then I would recommend Dynamic, MOMs Black Pearl, Eternal, or Intenze zuper black

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan