• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dmethe123

Hi All,
      Few weeks back I posted about a stencil solution I made that doesn’t come off. You can get it off human skin but it does hold out and doesn’t smudge much. Practice skin, forget it. It’s perminent!

So here I am going thru recipes trying to work out what stencil stuff would work best. Then I magically found something I’ve used for years for a different purpose. Face and body painting. Red colors stain skin there for I use a barrier cream to keep that from happening. I found the bottle, ProKNOWS Barrier cream. I made a small stencil, put a thin layer of the barrier cream on, put on the stencil and there it was. I waited so it could dry then was able to put a light layer of Vaseline over it, no smearing. Ok, so far so good. Then I took a paper towel and wiped it off. The stencil came of the fake skin completely. It even removed a bit of black ink stain with it!

Who knew!!!!!

Dee

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I wouldn’t say this is “Stencil Stuff” more like “Stencil Remover” by the way you are describing it in your last post. Stencil Stuff is normally referred to things used to apply a stencil like the popular stencil applicator: Stencil Stuff by Tattoo Stuff.

dmethe123

You’re right. I didn’t explain it correctly. Backwards actually. My bad.

So let’s start again. A few weeks back I made stencil stuff for applying stencils to skin or for me right now to practice skin. I saw vid on YouTube deoderant, aloe, hand sanitizer. The main ingredients found in those I have in plain form. Like deoderant used for the PG, properglene glycol. I used a different type of aloe and hand sanitizer. What I came up with is heavy duty stencil stuff. I got a stencil on my hand and it didn’t come off super easy. I was able to put Vaseline over it without smudging it. When I tried removing it it wasn’t easy. I had to use a bit of pressure. That tells me if I use my current concoction my stencils will remain in the skin without becoming smudged.

I also used this on practice skin. I found the second i removed the stencil paper transfer the stencil was there permanently. No amount of green soap, alcohol, nor even household cleaners removed it. Kinda weird cus propylene glycol removes permanent marker like sharpies instantly.

So I thought since this was really good I wanna duplicate it and send a bit out for others to try. In the mean time I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out what could be durable enough to widthstand the tattoo yet removable once I was finished on practice skin. I got no where. Things I tried smudged instantly. You couldn’t even pat a bit of Vaseline on it without making a blurry mess.

While gathers the raw ingredient si found a bottle of strangely enough barrier cream which I use on skin for face and body painting. It keeps sweat away and also adds a barrier so certain colors don’t stain skin like red. It’s gone in a few days but the barrier works wonders. I found a bottle, looked, and said “No friggan way?” My hubby told me to stop arguing with my iPad. I decided to see what would happen. I made a very small stencil, put the barrier cream on, applied stencil, waited a few minutes and wwaahhhllllaaaaa. The stencil was on the practice skin. I was able to add a thin layer of Vaseline without smudging it. Then amazingly I was able to wipe it off with a tiny bit of pressure. It got even better. I have a practice skin that has a lot of black ink left over. I just couldn’t get it off the skin. What the hell. I put the barrier cream on the skin, a touch of Vaseline and 98% of the dried left over ink wiped right off.

Only problem is that cream isn’t cheap. 2oz for $10.00 or more. I need to figure out what it’s made of so I can reproduce it. So I’m gonna figure out both. The very very nice stencil applicator stuff for skin and the stuff for practice skin.

So, if anyone would like to test my lovely concoction by all means email me. I really wanna test it on skin that’s being tattooed. I’m a very long way from touching a human myself. I would also love the feedback.

I hope that helped a bit. My apologies for being backward. I am dyslexic but this is the first time I’ve ever written an entire post backwards. Hehehehe. My bad!

Dee

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

OK so you made your own stuff, and use this barrier stuff. Which do you want tested? The stuff you made from scratch using proper ingredients, and not deodorant?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Stencil stuff which includes with an good contribution and basically sometimes it would effect our skin.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan