Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

My supplier just send me a news letter of new machines he’s been allowed to destribute.
      Amongst them was the Stingray.

http://www.inkmachines.com/catalog/8

I nealy fell of my chair when I saw the pricing on these… Aprox 850 $
      :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :?: :shock: :o :?: :shock: :o

Now have you heard of these? They are rotory machines.
      Anyone has any experience with these?

The saying, you get what you pay for….!!!
      Well do I? Can it make my coffe, at this price? Can I reach radio hongkong, if I hook it up to my radio? And can it pick my child op, at daycare???

I mean, this price??? Any of you tried it? Heard of it??? Give it to the Scandinavians to make these insanely overpriced things….

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

The stingray is basically a beefed up Firefly. It’s your run of the mill linear action rotary machine. At 850$ i wouldnt buy it. Rotaries are rotaries, and that simple design linear action really isnt worth the price they are charging. If you’re going to shell out htat kind of money get a Cheyenne Hawk Thunder or Spirit. They use a special plunger/cartridge system that actually is WORTH the price they pay. there is a lot of innovation int he Cheyenne line. I wouldnt get that stingray personally.

Lennart82
      Participant

I didnt plan on getting one anyways. ;) Its way out of my league. Its basically like buying a B&O surround sound, you pay for the design, but underneath, its just a surround sound.

Just wanted your opinion on this pricy thingy. And why the cost is so high.

tat2dguru

$700 USD. From what I gather it is basically a dragonfly with a interchangeable cam for needle depth. Been wondering if the rotaries are really the way to go? My Mickeys are pretty tough too beat. But from what I’ve been hearing, rotaries really pack the ink in.

Lennart82
      Participant

I dont know, if rotory is the way to go, but the game is changing as equiptment considered.

But actually I find some kind of charm, using a regular coil machine. :D

tat2dguru

Well, my stingray just made its way in from Sweden. Will be using it Sunday on the koi cover up I’m working on. If it runs like it looks and sounds I may have just found the new love of my life!!!! DON’T TELL MY WIFE!!!! lol

tat2dguru

@tat2dguru wrote:

Well, my stingray just made its way in from Sweden. Will be using it Sunday on the koi cover up I’m working on. If it runs like it looks and sounds I may have just found the new love of my life!!!! DON’T TELL MY WIFE!!!! lol

Well, I actually had a buddy come over and worked on him for a few hours on a new piece I’ve been putting together for him. It’s a pirate ship that has been through a battle or two and still sailing. Metaphoric for life’s challenges. The ship is named after his daughter. I’m sure those of you with children will see the meaning. The rotary took a little getting used too but all in all I’m pretty sure I’m gonna love it!!! I guess the biggest difference is that there is NO difference in tone when it hits the skin. What I mean is, you don’t hear it change tone like a coil machine when it is the skin. So at first I didn’t get it in deep enough too really leave some ink. But hey, Those lines were free!!!! LOL. Besides, It’s nice having a buddy you can experiment on. :shock: Still have my koi on Sunday for a shading session that I’m sure will go GREAT!!!! Keep you all posted.

angie

I have the swasdrive whip i like it but not as much as my coils… its half the price of the one your talking about…those are new we dont know how long they will last…is it worth it or no. ho knows really…. will see in a couple of years how they olding up:)

they are really light tho! easyer on hands thats for sure

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan