• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester
      Participant

O.K. – My neice wants me to tattoo tiger stripes over some stretch mark
      under her belly button, along with the words “every tigress earns her stripes”.

Is it hard to tattoo stretch marks? What should I expect?

cjmahone66

@Jester wrote:

O.K. – My neice wants me to tattoo tiger stripes over some stretch mark
      under her belly button, along with the words “every tigress earns her stripes”.

Is it hard to tattoo stretch marks? What should I expect?

stetch marks are essentially scars. scars are very tough and it’s hard to get them to take color- sometimes impossible. not saying you shouldnt do it, but she needs to know what the expectations are.
      i would avoid tattooing over scars.

Jester
      Participant

I remember somebody saying that stretch marks made the skin “thin”.
      I was kinda concerned about damaging it. Does the needle depth change?

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

scars and stretch marks are different. scars are a tougher tissue, whereas stretch marks are more soft elastic tissue. the only issue your really going to have is getting the skin taunt enough to pass a straight line. because of the elasticity of the skin the needles will tend to bounce, and could cause the line to be very wobbly.

Jester
      Participant

Thanks. Actually, “wobbly” might not show to bad on tiger stripes.
      Am I going to have a hard time getting the color to stay in?

M1k3
      Participant

Ive tattooed a heavily stretch marked area under a clients arm. It was in fact to draw attention away from the stretch marks. I didn’t do color so I wouldn’t know but black stuck good, it was a tribal dragon so solid fill and sharp edges turned out great. As long as you dont hang too far out of your tube you should have no problems with depth. And color should pack okay. It’s not normal scar tissue, it’s soft and stretchy. They’re easy enough to tattoo over as long as you remember to stretch stretch stretch the skin or you’ll end up going over your lines 3 or 4 times.

M1k3
      Participant

Ive tattooed a heavily stretch marked area under a clients arm. It was in fact to draw attention away from the stretch marks. I didn’t do color so I wouldn’t know but black stuck good, it was a tribal dragon so solid fill and sharp edges turned out great.

As long as you dont hang too far out of your tube you should have no problems with depth.

And color should pack okay. It’s not normal scar tissue, it’s soft and stretchy. They’re easy enough to tattoo over as long as you remember to stretch stretch stretch the skin or you’ll end up going over your lines 3 or 4 times.

FrancoLewis

Through tattoo you can hide the stretch mark that you have.

robroy289
      Participant

Just a little tip, whatever color you use on stretch marks will be somewhat darker than the rest of the skin. I did a piece on this girls side with alot of stretch marks, tiger lily’s and it looked as if i had shaded with a darker color inside of the flowers . Turned out really nice!!!

leena

I believe it could cover it up, its also an option for those who get surgery and want to hide the scars.
      But I think the marks should be white? not sure how tats look over red stretch marks.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan