• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Carbine

I’ve just managed too land myself an apprenticeship and need to upgrade my machines, which has lead me to be faced with the dilema… What type of machine to purchase?
      I currently have two cheap coil machines which I bought online… No not rubbish Chinese knock off’s… I did my research first and spent a fortune on top quality ink, all dispoable tips grips and needles.
      No one I know has used a swashdrive so it is difficult to hear the pro’s and con’s. I even contacted the manufacturer and asked them details as too whether the machines are set tuned in production or how do you tune them, but they don’t want to comment for fear of product ripoff…so not the best sales support there.
      I am looking for highest quality machines I can buy as this is something I really want to strive in and money isn’t an object here but at the same time I don’t want to be ripped off. Any advise is good cheers

I have not used Swash – or heard too much about it.

I recommend that you stick with coil or Pneuma (seems to be doing quite well but expensive startup w/ compressor and stuff)

What does the guy you are apprenticing under have to say?

http://tattoo-apprentice.com/learn-how-to-tattoo-for-free/

Carbine

No one in the studio has used a swashdrive, one guy has being tattooed with one and said it healed quicker and cleaner.
      I contacted the manufactors of them and asked them questions however they aren’t willing too say much about it except it’s great, which isn’t really much of a sales pitch. Thanks

Check out
      http://www.cecilportertattoos.com/tattoos/tattoos_42384.html

Using Stigma Hyper – Which I believe is a Rotary.
      I think if you are a good tattoo artist you can tattoo with any machine –

But if you are not a good tattoo artist, a really good machine is not going to make you good –

voodoo

I have been tattooed with a swash drive. Ne used it to do color. Also tried lining with one but , he likes it better for color work.

inky V

i have never used either of these machines but just because a tattoo machine comes from China does not mean its not a good machine. i have 2 American made machines and they didn’t run half as good as the ones from Chine until i bought some china made springs to put on em. the reason i bought new springs for them is because the big special “hand cut” ones that came on the machines broke after about a month of tattooing. knowing how to tune your machines to preform correctly takes practice and i am a firm believer that the artist makes the machine. i can take a $10 Chinese made machine and make it run and preform just as smooth as any super expensive machine. Don’t buy the hype. learn how to tune your machine by sitting around all day taking them apart and switching spring configurations, coils armature bars and so on. This is what works for me. every country makes crappy stuff. Not just China. btw im American.

LauraP

I would like ask where to buy the best tattoo machines. Any link or store you suggest? thanks :)

@LauraP wrote:

I would like ask where to buy the best tattoo machines. Any link or store you suggest? thanks :)

I just bought mine from an eBay kit, which came with six machines, which are also available from this supplier ( http://www.tattoooo.com/ProductView.Asp?ID=556 ) Like inky V mentioned, I then spent ages stripping and rebuilding the machines. Ruined a few sets of coils in the process, but eventually built 3 machines for personal use which I have been very happy with the performance of, as well as two other custom machines as gifts (one as a filming prop, the other for actual tattooing) :) I’ve never used a more expensive machine, so can’t compare their performance, but I am happy with what I’ve been able to accomplish with mine :)

Viper65

I wont get into the debate on who make the best machine, Ebay kits, or anything else of the sort. I will however say this, Ive been looking at the Hildebrandt site and they have a Rotary set available, and I am seriously considering in the VERY near future purchasing it to try out.
      I have been intrigued by these for a while now and while i dont want to spend a fortune on a machine I may or may not even like I am willing to drop some cash with Hildebrandt just becaue they are good to deal with and i actually like their equipment. I bought my first set from them and am still using it with absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Anybody who has never tried one of their machines really ought to check them out, for the money you get a really nice piece of machinery. OH…those that want to argue the point? Feel free, Ive put the Hildy up against name brand equpment and it held its own. NO I am Not affiliated with the company in any way, shape or form.
      I would also consider a Stealth machine, or one of the rotary Hammer machines. Ive done a bit of looking around and found some that i would at least like to try and see how they operate in real life. I know a quality machine is essential but Im not at a level where I want to drop a dime on a Neuma and i sure dont have the skills Mike DeVries has…by the way Neuma pretty much hands him machines he is so good, he posted the other day about receiving one.
      If you want to try out a rotary, seriously, take a look at the Hildebrant page and see for yourself, dollar for dollar its about the best deal around.

Peace……….. :twisted:

uriguiller

@Viper65 wrote:

I wont get into the debate on who make the best machine, Ebay kits, or anything else of the sort. I will however say this, Ive been looking at the Hildebrandt site and they have a Rotary set available, and I am seriously considering in the VERY near future purchasing it to try out.
      I have been intrigued by these for a while now and while i dont want to spend a fortune on a machine I may or may not even like I am willing to drop some cash with Hildebrandt just becaue they are good to deal with and i actually like their equipment. I bought my first set from them and am still using it with absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Anybody who has never tried one of their machines really ought to check them out, for the money you get a really nice piece of machinery. OH…those that want to argue the point? Feel free, Ive put the Hildy up against name brand equpment and it held its own. NO I am Not affiliated with the company in any way, shape or form.
      I would also consider a Stealth machine, or one of the rotary Hammer machines. Ive done a bit of looking around and found some that i would at least like to try and see how they operate in real life. I know a quality machine is essential but Im not at a level where I want to drop a dime on a Neuma and i sure dont have the skills Mike DeVries has…by the way Neuma pretty much hands him machines he is so good, he posted the other day about receiving one.
      If you want to try out a rotary, seriously, take a look at the Hildebrant page and see for yourself, dollar for dollar its about the best deal around.

Hello Viper, it’s good that you open up the topic. I’d been researching from site to sites for the best machines available on the net at a good price for about 6 months now. But all my querries end up at http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com which is one of the distributor of the authentic Hildbrandt machines. I decided to purchase one set of the coil type which come with 3 machines and 1 set of the rotary type which comes with 2 machines within this week. The machines is branded and already tested for years. Just by the look of it, you can see the durability of the machine at a decent price. I also ask Lenny Welch’s opinion about the Hildbrandt machines and it’s performance. I also got a positive feedback from Lenny Welch as she herself is a Hildbrandt user. She’s the owner of Addicted 2 Tattoos in Tampa Florida. Thanks I’ll be in touch when i have the machines.

Viper65

@uriguiller wrote:

@Viper65 wrote:

Hello Viper, it’s good that you open up the topic. I’d been researching from site to sites for the best machines available on the net at a good price for about 6 months now. But all my querries end up at http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com which is one of the distributor of the authentic Hildbrandt machines. I decided to purchase one set of the coil type which come with 3 machines and 1 set of the rotary type which comes with 2 machines within this week. The machines is branded and already tested for years. Just by the look of it, you can see the durability of the machine at a decent price. I also ask Lenny Welch’s opinion about the Hildbrandt machines and it’s performance. I also got a positive feedback from Lenny Welch as she herself is a Hildbrandt user. She’s the owner of Addicted 2 Tattoos in Tampa Florida. Thanks I’ll be in touch when i have the machines.

Personally, i think your gonna love em. I really like my coil set ups, I got the .444 and the .357? I dunno, they did some changes and the kit i have isnt whats in the kits any longer, they made my liner into a shader now with the new kits. As i understand it you can specify what machines you want when ordering, i hope you kept that in mind. when i get the rotary kit which comes with the executioner and asassin im going to swap one out for one of the lighter machines they sell. I also will pick up the Valsturd which closely resembles a stealth machine just to see how well it operates. If i like them ill move on to other stuff but first i want to try them out. Your dealing with a reallly good company and good customer service..always been good to me anyway!!!
      viper

Viper65

Posted in another thread as well…..I took the plunge and got the Hildebrandt rotary kit. Changed up the machines a little, i swapped out one of the heavier machines for a lighter one, and also got the Hitman rotary from valsturd. Ill post picks and review as soon as i can for those interested.

viper. :ugeek:

kevinseo

@canvasyou wrote:

I have not used Swash – or heard too much about it.

I recommend that you stick with coil or Pneuma (seems to be doing quite well but expensive startup w/ compressor and stuff)

What does the guy you are apprenticing under have to say?

http://tattoo-apprentice.com/learn-how-to-tattoo-for-free/cheap tattoo power supply

Wow! its really great news. I am interested to know more information.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan