• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MrX

Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs are Australia’s predominant criminal element. They control the lion’s share of the illegal drugs, prostitution and weapons markets here and many other lucrative illegal trades. The law is so far behind the problem that the most urgent difficulties these folks face is,” What the hell to we do with all the dirty cash we make?” There is a famous documented story of a well-known club that had so much extra cash they decided to spend tens of thousands of dollars on Lottery tickets every week. You guessed it, they won big. Turning they’re initial investment of a few dirty dollars into hundreds of thousands of legitimate, clean dollars.

The Tattoo Industry is such an integral part of the Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs operations here, that they jealously guard it as if each studio represents not only a marker of the clubs turf but a strategically necessary link in the financial chain the clubs have established.

They say that my part of Australia is 20 years behind the rest of the country, and that Australia is at least five years behind the US & Europe, so the rest of the world may have faced up to this already. Or it may even be unique to my part of Australia, I’m not certain.

What I can say for certain is that a trained & talented, hygienic & sanitary Tattoo Artist of many years’ experience built a studio at his home in the town I live in, he is well known and well regarded & on December 25th of 2012, his home was fire bombed. This came after a sustained campaign of intimidation from the established Tattoo Studios controlled by OMC.
      The word ran through the Tattoo underground here like wild fire. The attack was a deliberate and clear message to the many other backyard Artists in my town that, “You Tattoo through us or you don’t Tattoo at all”

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

woah that is so intense!

sounds scary D:
      i dont think i want to go tattoo in australia anymore :P
      that WAS one of my dreams XD

MrX

In my own experience I have observed that visiting international Artists are welcomed with the respect, courtesy & professionalism that they deserve. There is too much to be gained from the free exchange of ideas and advances in technique and technology of Tattoo. There are many good folks here that are so dedicated to Tattoo that they brave the difficulties associated with the industry & simply persist in producing the very best quality of work, world class in many cases. Don’t be put off Australia. We are a great country with many opportunities. Just keep your eyes open is all. Same as visiting any foreign land I suppose ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

well in that case! :D

My dream has always been to tattoo at some point in Japan, and/or Australia. I’ve always been a huge fan of both countries since I was very young. That and Australian accents are super hawtness :)

Lennart82
      Participant

Something similar is actaully happening in my country, Denmark, as well.
      The larger tattoo shops are more or less, under some “protection” of one of two rivelling biker clubs. They basicly own the tattoo business in Denmark. And tattoo artist are running scared, dont know what to do, exept to pay up. The police cant do anything, since no one wants to rat out on the bikers.
      In my home town, there were an upcoming artist who didnt want to pay any protection money, nor tattoo any bikers with tags on them. Well lets just say, hes not tattoing anymore, since his shop keept burning up.
      Its a growing problem in my country, and is one of the reasons I hesitate, if I were to open a shop in the distant future.
      So its not just going on in Australia, I’m certain of it. :?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan