• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      dooster1

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can possibly purchase the material that is used for tattoo skins in a roll or large bulk? Maybe even the possibility that a fabric retailer might be able to order or already have in there personal stock. I have ordered skins off of the internet and have found them to be very high priced, especially for only being 6″ X 8″.

I have spoken with my mentor about practice items and he suggested using light colored dew melons, large oranges, and even pig skin. I talked to a butcher who works at our grocery store and he thinks that he may be able to get large sections of pig skins for me at fairly cheap prices. I’ll let you all know what I find out about it. Any advice on these items or any other items?

Thanks,
      Jeff

contact a slaughterer. let him know what you intend to do with it, and get him to cut off some belly skin. you can get a pretty huge piece. he’ll let u know when he’s killing another pig, and where he’s taking it to. you can buy the skin off him. ive gotten em for free that way.

ruthless

hey
      i also would like to try pig skins but i’m not exactly sure what to ask my butcher for. Do i need the skin only or do i need meat and fat still attached? and does the skin need to be prepared in any specific way before i tattoo onto it?

Norie1

When I practice on pig skin I just go to my neighborhood butcher and ask for the smoothest single piece skins he has. Preferable the size of a regular piece of paper.

In regards to preparing it.. Nothing special.. just like you do on real skin clean it and apply the stencil and have at it.

Norie1
      If you can – post some pictures of you and your pig skins!

xDreamerx
      Participant

yeah that would be kewl to see some pig skin work.

cillalea5005

I asked for pig skin at my local grocery stores…and have not had much luck. does anyone know of any places around Mesa/Phoenix, AZ that have pig skins?

LauraP

You can go to some places like slaughterhouse or you can visit a farm that raise pigs. You can make some reservation of pig skin there.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan