• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

I have a question for you guys.

I am going to do a breat cancer ribbon on an a friend of mine. And I have planned to make it a bit extra special for her, as it means alot to her. I have seen a pink diamond tattoo, that inspired me for the color theme.

I have seen some amazing tattoo works, mostly flowers, without any black outlining.
      Like this one
      http://www.galleryoftattoosnow.com/TattoodaCosaNasceCosaHOSTED/images/gallery/medium/michele%20turco_tattoo_dacosanascecosa_57.jpg (THIS IS FOUND ON GOOGLE)
      And I dont mean to say that this tattoo is of Davinci blow me away. Its was the first one I found ;)

And I was wondering, is it any different without an outline? What should I be aware about, when doing something like this?

And one last thing. I plan to use pink, but I need to know the right way to highligt and darken this colour. Using StarBrite Bubble Gum Pink.
      Is it best to shade first with a light grey wash, the on top of that apply the pink?
      And how to ligthen the pink? Is it best to ligthen it with destilled water? Og mixing in some white? The highest highlight will be pure white.

brokenpipe
      brokenpipe

as always: I am not a tattoo artist nor have i ever apprenticed under one

i had a two paragraph response but it signed me out then i lost it all. the videos i posted are of mario barth from intenze. he covers black and grey in one and advanced color in the other one. He actually lines with color ink in one.

your shading wont mater . you can lay down grey before if you like to see your gradients without color. You can use darker shades of the same color family and for go the grey work all together. making a color wash will not lighten the hue of a color just space out the pigment. the only way to lighten the hue is to add white unless the skin tone in lighter then the ink.

Lennart82
      Participant

Mario Barth is just awesome.
      And thanks, I tried combining my old warhammer painting techniqes. ;)

Well I tried it out. But did a red outline… Maybe I shouldnt have.

Here it is. First time ever trying this out:

http://i43.tinypic.com/a0xkxv.jpg

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I would have either used the same pink i coloured with, or a darker pink for the outline on that
      i have the same thing on my foot that I did myself
      its pretty much the exact same design haha. :3
      that looks rad though dude

Lennart82
      Participant

Yes your right, I should have used the same colour. Well, now its done, and it wasent the last one I did in this style. Kind of liked the method of doing this.

Hahaha you have? You must show it :D I thought I was being uniqe in finding this one ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

If I can find an old picture of it I will. It’s on my foot, and I wore socks, an shoes so it’s super faded. I need to redo it.

robrono

This topic was also useful for me.

vivak001

8-) Bold lining method is fairly new among the tattoo studios. Some artists call this cartooning. Its where you outline the entire tattoo and then when you are done, you apply another outline about a sixteenth or a quarter of an inch away from the initial outline leaving all other lines in the pattern alone. Then the artist will fill in between the two outlines making the tattoo to appear like it has a thick outer line while every other line in the tattoo has a normal width. This gives the tattoo a cartoonish look which is why some artists call it cartooning.

:) Sanskrit Tattoos and Sanskrit Translation :)

xDreamerx
      Participant

hey not bad man, awesome work.

I agree used the same family of pink modified tad darker and sprinkle some white on the ribbon line work like you did to show direction of light(effect).

I myself use the same colors in the family of whatever color i’m building the piece up with. Thanks for sharing that ribbon, looks pretty good.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan