• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Rojo

Hello there! I have a very passionate dream to be a tattoo artist, but know absolutely nothing on how to get there! I am not even sure if I can draw very well :( , is there any kind of studying/courses out there that I can do (if so, where can I find them???). I stay in a small town which only has 2 tattoo studios and neither offer apprenticships. I have no idea about anything involving tattoos or the industry….. is there anyone out there that could advise me in any way??????

Thanks!! ;)

Lennart82
      Participant

Welcome to the forum…

Well…. If you dont know if you can draw… Then I really think you should find out. Take a piece of paper, and find an object… Then draw it. ;)

You could attend art classes… Do something more then just dream about it. ;)

Rojo

:oops: :lol: Okay, you got me there….. I wouldn’t know how to grade my drawing, sometimes I think that they are okay, but are they good enough to become a tattoo artist… or am I a lost cause….. I do not want to be mediocre, I want to create amazing tattoos like e.g. Moni Marino…. and I have no idea how to get there.

Lennart82
      Participant

Well thats why we are here… ;)

Place some of your work in the Original Flash area… Here all of the members can see your work, give you guidence, and tell you were you need to improve.
      To be a tattooist, is not just about the tattoo part, you need to know something about art. About its history. All the way back and forth.
      Yes, its good to have some tattoo artists to look up to, but just remember, they have many years in the trade. And prior to that, they might have had more years doing art. ;)

Rojo

Thanks alot, I’m glad to have come across this website, to be able to speak to people about my little secret dream 8-) , I will work on a few drawings and post them. Already feeling all giddy and green :mrgreen:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Also check out the how to practice section. In there there are challenges in which you can complete and gain some insite on where you need to imoprove.

As far as tattooing goes pick up Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo and the dvd from http://www.tattoobooksonline.com. Watch and read them a few times and take notes

Rojo

Thanks! :)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan