• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Vory

[img]VorySkull_zps03c44828.jpeg

A chalk drawing on toned paper. No whites. I was pretty bummed when i accidentally wrinkled the paper transporting it from art class and home. I still really like this one.

First time posting an image, please let me know if it doesn’t work. This is all new to me.

Url just in case.
      http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/vorovskoytattooing/VorySkull_zps03c44828.jpeg

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks good bro
      Great shading

Moved to proper section.

K.Campbell

I hate it when drawings get wrinkled too!
      Nice work though, good contrast & shading ;)

Lennart82
      Participant

Looking great there. Keep em coming :D

Vory

Thanks guys! I just recently started oil painting too so as soon as I get something decent looking I’ll be posting that kind of stuff too.
      Tattooing is slow right now. I’m just taking small work and fixer-uppers for now. I’ve got a couple guys that want some seriously big work done but I have to put them off until I feel ready.

Vory
      Infamous
      Participant

Beautiful work Vory

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Dose skulls doe!

Vory

Thank you for the kind comments.

I’ve recently been working a koi fish piece. Sadly the guy sat TERRIBLY and ruined the entire tattoo. I couldn’t touch him without him jumping. He threw my needle out everytime. Worst session I’ve had so far and it was a full ribs.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/vorovskoytattooing/photo1_zps6a74c5c4.jpg

Detail
      http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/vorovskoytattooing/photo2_zps893cdde8.jpg

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Yeah the ribs are a very difficult place to tattoo. The design looks solid though.

Lennart82
      Participant

Totally great looking skulls :D

Did you use a skulle model as a reference?

Vory

@Lennart82 wrote:

Totally great looking skulls :D

Did you use a skulle model as a reference?

Thank you! Yes I did use a skull model. I picked up an anatomically correct skull from a medical student website a few years ago for $100. Probably some of the best money I’ve ever spent.

Up until recently, I only drew from life, never my head. Now that I feel a little more comfortable with the rules of perspective, form and the power of line, the fun can begin.

Jbeaufosho

Yeah one of the biggest pain in the ass spots to tattoo. I just recently did a rose piece on this lady’s side and she was the same way it was terrible. I was able to salvage the tattoo but it was nowhere near where it could have been. Sucks even worse when it’s a great piece of art like that. My only comments on the art would be deeper blacks and heavier contrasts but that’s more personal preference than criticism. Keep up the good work.

Vory

@Jbeaufosho wrote:

Yeah one of the biggest pain in the ass spots to tattoo. I just recently did a rose piece on this lady’s side and she was the same way it was terrible. I was able to salvage the tattoo but it was nowhere near where it could have been. Sucks even worse when it’s a great piece of art like that. My only comments on the art would be deeper blacks and heavier contrasts but that’s more personal preference than criticism. Keep up the good work.

I actually got a chance to see the line session healed on the koi fish. It could’ve been a lot worse. Especially with how that client drinks…. Oh well, all part of the game. I learned a lot from that experience.

I agree with you on the deeper blacks. Those skulls are all over a year old. Unless I throw some prisma color black in there, graphite just doesn’t provide the contrast I want any more. I’ve been working a lot lately in conte crayon and chalk on toned paper. It’s been frustrating working with a less forgiving medium, but as always, it’s got it’s own rewards.

I really appreciate the feedback. More is ALWAYS welcome. I’ll be posting in the future, asking for more of a critique emphasis. I hope to hear from you.

Jbeaufosho

Absolutely. Looking forward to it. Conte crayons are fun. Honestly I haven’t fucked around with them since I started tattooing. But I might have to now. I use prismas for most of my shit

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan