• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nytemareh
      Participant

i figured since i hadn’t posted anything up in a long time. I am by no means happy with it. Need to fix lines, and bring blue up higher on top 2 waves. Also need to add some more depth. This little piece was a nice jump forward for me though.
      http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q542/nytemareh/wavestatt.jpg
      By the way the blowed out mess you see next to it is last tattoo i did about a month before waves. As you can see was a big jump forward. At least I think. These are on myself so don’t go thinking I am putting this mess on someone else.

The lines look really clean, and the colors are gorgeous :) If you were to re-work the color, I would only suggest making the lines of the color a bit more consistent to the exterior lines, but other than that, it’s spot on :)

nytemareh
      Participant

thank you it was really one of those moments where I went holy shit i can do this. Although it is no where near where I up to go with my work.

TexasPT

the way to look at it is, HOW would you go at it if you had to do it again right now?

You have a couple spots where your lines got real thick…why? How can you fix it?

Why didn’t you bring the blue up more? Did you have a reference photo? Why didn’t you follow it?

This is how I go at every tattoo I do. I pick it apart, and look for mistakes or things I change. I try to figure out why I made the mistake and come up with a plan so hopefully I don’t make it again.

Your lines actually look pretty good expect for a few spots. It looks to me like maybe you rest your hand on the body and simply run out of dexterity at that point in the curve…because it’s consistent on the top and bottom.

The blues and whites look to be put in well. One thing I like to do when blending 2 colors together is to whip them into one another. Go from solid, to “shaded” coming from both directions so they meet in the middle and blend.

Hope this helps a bit. I’m not always warm and fuzzy but I promise everything I type is with the intent of helping people progress. I’ve had a lot of help and constructive criticism along the way and it’s made me a much better artist. Every time I tattoo I have the intention of being better than I was on the last tattoo…doesn’t always work but I go in with a solid, complete plan.

Mark

nytemareh
      Participant

You hit the nail on the head with the resting my hand. As far as not bring the blue up further the skin had just about had it, and figured live to go another day. Yes i pick myself apart. I close my eyes a think about what I did, and then picture myself doing it again. What I would do different. What approach would I change. One thing I really need to do is work on moving my hand while lining. While I am far from being happy with it. I am happy to see the improvement.

Viper65

Mark pretty much summed it up, nice effort and keep moving forward.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan