This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Infamous 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     Infamous 
    Participant

So after I got my Kuro, I quickly realized that not all inks are created equal. I’m pretty satisfied with using the Kuro Sumi for all my black and gray work, but I’m now looking for the better colors.

Right now, I’m using Radiant and it seems like I have to go over it to many times to get it to the color I want and that’s no good for me.

So in your experience what are the best color inks? I’m looking for primary’s and whites mostly

angie 

for me its intenze, fromula51, star brite and eternal (love the mean green :)
    depens on your preferance as to the thickness of the ink …
    one thing i learned the hard way is cheap is indeed cheap!!

hope this is heping ya out

Infamous 
    Participant

I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about star brite and I’m thinking of giving them a go.

I really want to get a really long conversation going on here though lol so I can judge from several sources. I have no literally read every single one of the topics in the pigment vs. ink section and still don’t have a very clear answer on this :/

Lennart82 
    Participant

I use StarBrite myself. Got a great offer from my supplier for a big bundle of StarBrite. Hahaha and I will not tell the price, since you guys from across the ocean gets it a lot cheaper, but for me, (and in my country) it was cheap ;)

I’ve got a few bottles of Kashoku, but its thick and dosent go in well.

I’ve been planning on trying out Eternal.

Whats your take on the Bullet INK from Germany?

Wyki 

You know.. I was actually gonna ask this aswell.. but what the heck I’ll post it in here. Well I’m in the search for main colors aswell and was going to ask what brands are good. I like how Kuro sumi is as I’ve used that, and like the thickness of it… what other brands are close to that thickness? to ask the local supplier if thay have any..

Ramenuzumaki 
    Participant

as far as inks go there are a few good brands, and brands you should avoid

some brands ive tried and liked are: fusion, starbrite, intenze [make sure its real otherwise its junk], eternal, radiant, and alla prima. i have yet to try Kuro Sumi’s colour line but if its as good as their blacks and greys they should be good :D

Infamous 
    Participant

I actually just ordered a set of Moms ink, the main reason is because no one seems to use them or have used them here, its an experiment, I liked the Black Onyx I had from them but it wasn’t dark enough so I switched to Kuro. It was really thick too.

If I don’t like these I will try either eternal or starbrite next. But I really just like the packaging better and overall that was the decision maker for me in trying something no one is using or getting starbrite. Starbrite’s packaging is so very plain.

Ramenuzumaki 
    Participant

let me know how they fair iw as thinking of getting some but i havent heard a lot of good things about it

Infamous 
    Participant

I have heard just about nothing. I started with Moms because I had heard it was what my brother-in-laws tattoo artist swore by. So through the grapevine, thats what I got when I was practicing on oranges in the very beginning. But, I haven’t done anything with it outside of the one bottle of Black Onyx I have. Used it on my first couple of clients and was pretty disappointed with how it turned out in skin. Although, I could chalk that up to my inexperience at the time as well..

Lennart82 
    Participant

Its a circle.
    To tattoo I mean.

You have to know how to tattoo, to do a good work. And you have to have good equiptment, to produce good work, and you have to have good ink, to make it amazing. So your clients sees it, and tells friends, so they come. Pay you, so you can buy better equiptment. Causing you to get better, taking you to higher levels of skills. And so on, and so on..
    Damn, just confused myself there. :?

Infamous 
    Participant

No No I actually get it lol you have to find the right combination. At first, I could have been using a good ink and everything else sucked, so it looked like not the best ink. Or something like that

Wyki 

I bought a bottle of MOMS snot green… used it practicing and I like the thickness of it… sort of close to my KuroSumi.. or atleast not as thick as the Intenze colors I have.. :| The Intenze I have found that I have to put a drop of witch hazel to liquefy it a bit.

Infamous 
    Participant

I haven’t had a chance to use much of it, but I am really happy with the “Monthly Red” color so far.

Also, I find the names of their colors hilarious

Wyki 

@infamous wrote:

Also, I find the names of their colors hilarious

Yea so do I

Spider 
    Participant

I recently changed my main colors over to a brand called Solid Ink. I also have a few select colors of Mom’s, nuclear, and fusion. I stopped using Eternal because I hate the way it gets a hard top on the color after it’s been sitting for awhile. So far Solid hasn’t done that with any color that I have. I still have some radiant colors as well, reds and blues. I like them and they work very well. For My greys I use only outlining ink for all my fill, and all my grey mixes. Mom’s Pearl Black is my choice right now. Years ago I started using one black after I noticed that on some of my healed up tribals and darker pieces there was a slight difference in tone from my outline to my fill on blacks. At first I thought it was me and something I was doing. It wasn’t a color difference that most anyone would have noticed, but I have very good eyesight and color recognition (i see tones and shades very well). Not sure when I decided to try using one black for everything. But since I have been the slight tone difference in my blacks has gone away. Same thing with my greys, I make my washes out of the same black with distilled water in a set formula. (#16 caps 2 drops black, 4 drops black, 6 drops black, 8 drops black then fill with distilled water, here is where an eye dropper comes in very very handy) this gives me a good range of shading to choose from light to dark and all my blacks are smooth.

Wyki 

Yea spider… I used to work mixing/making car paint to repaint complete cars or repainting fixed parts and I learned alot about colors and shades and how they look in the sun with direct light and not direct light. Mettalic colors are sometimes hard to match specially when a freshly painted part looks completly way off in color due to who mixed it didnt take into account the rest of the cars “faded” tone. Anyways back on topic :roll: I’ve noticed the same on the blacks I’ve used different tones/shade color. And after seeing the tones I think I’ll have my own setup of blacks sort of like you do. But these tones of “shades” could be done with any color I suppose.

Anonymous 

:mrgreen: This is a reply on which color ink to use & which is brighter ! – As for Ink it is a matter of preference, by that I mean if you ask 12 artist what ink they like you will most likely get 10 different answers. You can make your own Ink from Powder Pigment: & a carrier solution – I want to start with the different types of ink first. Understand this & it just gets so much easier. First off there is No FDA approved ink! Next Do not use distilled water for Ink. Its for car batteries. We have used for years: Medical Grade Sterile Water, Medical Grade Glycerin, Which-Hazel, medical grade rose water.. a mixture of these. Rubbing Alcohol is a no no, Glycerol Alcohol, you use the alcohol that is in Vodka ( gly pro) . Tattoo Ink is not Ink it is a Powder Pigment suspended in a carrier solution. The Carrier Solution does 4 things 1.) keeps the ink evenly mixed. 2.) Disinfects. 3.) Provides for even flow for distribution. 4.) Gives the ink its constancy, (ie) Thick, Thin . Thin Inks more Water & or Alcohol, & or Witch-Hazel . Thicker means more Glycerin. Too much glycerin & the Ink become oily. & if you see a crystallization forming on the bottle after it is left out open. typically it is the Alcohol drying out in the air just add some witch hazel & your back in business. Now I have heard some say I left the cap out all night & the ink is still wet. That means its the best. No it means it has less alcohol & more water & mainly Glycerin that will keep it moist. All you need to make ink is listed above. National Tattoo Supply Carries Power Pigment. You will also need sterile bottles to put it in. A Blender to mix it in. ( Not Your Kitchen Blender ). India Ink, Pen Ink, Have all been used in prison & home made Scratchier tattoos . The Powder Pigments Basically Breaks down into 3 types: 1.) Vegetable Base. 2.) Carbon Base (ie) Metals, Salts, Copper, Nickle, Steel, Lead, etc… 3.) Acrylic or Plastic Based. Now advantages & disadvantages of each : Vegetable Base, Advantage :Organic Less Toxic that’s good this is the best for your clients health. Disadvantage typically does not last as long (ie) fades fast in sun light. Next is the Carbon Based They can still claim ORGANIC – However try & get an MRI with tattoos & guess what Metal in the ink is effected by the Magnets.ALL Black Ink is Carbon Based!!! Some Manufacturers also use carbon based inks in colors. This is why their are so many allergic reactions to some pigments REDS & BLUES. Advantage Carbon last a long time it typically goes in the skin well. Disadvantages Look Above – Health. some of these carbons are TOXIC. Next is Acrylic or Plastic Based pigments: Advantages – Popping Bright Colors, since its an Acrylic (ie) like automotive paint it will generally hold up well. Disadvantages: Health Risk No one knows what is going to happen 20 yrs down the road. However I feel that plastics are used in artificial joints etc in medical procedures. So this to me is not a huge concern. But fact. Also Blending can be an issue for some. But I will put down a few popular brands & my personal opinion. If you are either New Or thinking of Switching Brands or just want to try a new Ink that came out.. My advice is get a sample pack… Its far cheaper.. Play with that. That’s Start with Blacks : Moms Black Pearl – I love this Moms packs a ton of pigment in the black. It works well with out-lining, Black & Grey Wash… Next is Kuri Sumi – This ink is imported from Japan & has a reputation of a high quality out-lining ink… I do love it for out-lining especially bold Japanese pieces.. However I feel it does not blend as well for Black & grey work .. Next Talons Ink Solid all around Black Ink (ie) out-lining shading.. Next Sumi Ink Good Rich Color Good for blending. Dynamic Ink good rich deep color black nice to work with skin takes it well. last long time no fade. As you tattoo you will find some blacks fade a little after the healing process & some hold… Intenze- Mario Barths Company, Check him out lots of free VIDEO Education on there site: & on You Tube. Dark Black for Out-Lining – Rich Deep nice to work with excellent hold. Next Eternal Ink. A well Established brand They make their own ink . Nice Color Good to work with holds well. Mom’s Black Pear -Out-lining ink, rich color, nice hold. easy to work with. My favorite outlining ink, & my choice for grey-wash base. **** NOW COLOR INKS **** This is really tricky tattoo artist have their favorites… & will argue with me but it is just my opinion here.. Most Artist will mix different colors to get a certain shade custom. Most will use this companies Black & this ones greens & this ones reds etc.. The following are some popular brands. Ok first up : Eternal: Nice Bright Long lasting color easy to work with.. Next Moms Colors Moms packs a lot of pigment in their colors nice to work with holds up well. Dynamic Solid color holds up well nice for softer shades. Star-Brites, Nice Colors has been around for awhile. watch for the reds some allergic reactions with their reds. Intenze- Mario Barth with out a doubt Intenze ink has a ton of top notch artist on their team. Good free education on on their site. Nice Eye Popping Colors, flows nice shades well goes in skin good holds color well. Their are other Brands these are the big ones if you are looking for bright : Look at Intenze, Eternal Both companies good to deal with.Eternal, Nice flow, goes in skin well holds up nice. nice popping colors. The staff is knowledgeable & friendly… One more Thing Whites: MOMS Lots Of Pigment Baby & That makes the White hold. Eternal Rich Tick long lasting white. Star-brites White Nice Holding ability. Intenze Nice White. Alla-Prima’s White & Arcane Hold Well also. White is tricky a lot of artist have trouble making it hold. Yellow is another color artist can have trouble with. work in twice & leave it. It is there just may be hard to see. Green’s can be another problem color for artist. Reason they have a little white in them, and may not be visible at first. Again work it twice, & leave it. find a company’s Green’s you like & stick with them. Next I would advise the following Take up graphite drawing, water Color. To get a feel for color & how to create depth & texture & play with light & shading techniques.. Before you do color get good at out-lining & then work on Black & Grey…Grey Wash will help your color exponentially. A good book & DVD series on Color Portraits is by – Joshua Carlton Portrait Realism.. on Amazon.com Also Intenze’s Site lots of free education videos & some for sale. Intenze’s site Next: Skin Candy : Skin Candy Ink was originally made in small batches for The famous Ed Hardy This because the inks were the first to have that Eye Popping Bright Color Pallet. It then spread through a few higher end tattoo studios. But took off when the TV Series ” MIAMI INK ” Premiered. It is said that the the artist & show producers wanted a more vibrant color rich ink to pop on TV…. & the rest is history. Skin Candy Ink Blew up & is now every where. It is a high quality ink the first one to have vibrant long lasting colors. Good to work with skin takes ink well. Last Long. Next Blood Line: is from the same manufacturer as above { Skin Candy } Makes- Blood Line as a strictly professional line… However it now is sold every where. Same as Skin Candy Is a bit thicker. Works well nice rich bright colors. Next : We Have – Iron Butterfly Ink : It is made by Tommy – (ie) same manufacturer as { STAR-BRITE Ink } It became popular when The TV Series – La Ink Used the Ink on the its TV series. It is a good high quality ink Nice Color saturation into the skin blends well. Stays Long Time, lasting power. Next is : Alla Prima Ink & Arcane Ink : Joshua Carlton & John Montgomery’s Ink company: Rick Bright Colors, Works in the skin well, Smooth blending, This meets EU Standards As do all the Inks I mentioned above. Every Ink I mentioned meets EU Standards . Next : is Fusion Ink : They are a newer Ink Company. I personally have not used their inks but a lot of artist like them.. A word of caution here…. ***** I Personally Would NEVER USE FUSION INKS ! ***** When I called them their staff was not knowledgeable & as a matter of a fact down right RUDE ! They think because they are paying a bunch of artist to use their inks… That is all they need to do The Sheep Will Flow ! When you compare them to Moms, Star-Brite, Eternal ,National, No Comparison. The Owner Of Eternal Will Speak with most Artist personally, That says a lot.. & Star-Brite Great Company, There is one more new one that has crept up fast -F.B.I. – Fat Boy Inks : I have not used them personally but I am going to order some to try – They Make Black & Gray Wash Inks Only: I Spoke with the owner who is a tattoo artist, He seems extremely knowledgeable & Loves the Craft. The inks have a GRADATION Scale – That is on the label they have an indication of how light or dark they are. This is like what what Artist use for example the 5 shades of gray for a reference in graphite pencil drawings, Copic Pens, Black & Gray etc.. A nice idea he also has a neat formula for his carriers. Which is where a lot of companies skimp. He worked with a Medical Doctor & a Professor, to formulate the inks. He sells them his self. I believe he is either in New York or Connecticut.. He has some free educational videos on Gray Wash.. He approaches it from light to dark.. Which in my opinion is better for any New Tattoo Artist doing Black & Gray.. You can always make it Darker But you can not make it lighter ! Remember most of these companies are getting their PIGMENT From the same suppliers… Read above about the different pigments in the beginning. The Carriers is another area that must be understood. Also the same color from the same manufacture will look different on different skin tones! Light Pale White Fair Skin! The Ink will always Pop Bright & Vibrant ! Darker Skin Tones will mute the the color .. This is due the reflection of light Lighter Skin Tones reflect more light. Darker Skin Tones absorb more light. A good thing to do is to take the light tan sheet that looks like tan tracing paper out of your Spirit Master Sheets . Grab a Color Chart & put this paper over the color & notice how it changes the colors tone. Note : On Darker Skin African American for example Red is usually not visible. This is why an Art back ground is so important. look at some educational videos on you tube it will help, & its free. I hope this helps you out & maybe a few others as well. Good Luck ! Bill :mrgreen: :idea:

Anonymous 

@the mad reaper wrote:

:mrgreen: This is a reply on which color ink to use & which is brighter ! – As for Ink it is a matter of preference, by that I mean if you ask 12 artist what ink they like you will most likely get 10 different answers. You can make your own Ink from Powder Pigment: & a carrier solution – I want to start with the different types of ink first. Understand this & it just gets so much easier. First off there is No FDA approved ink! Next Do not use distilled water for Ink. Its for car batteries. We have used for years: Medical Grade Sterile Water, Medical Grade Glycerin, Which-Hazel, medical grade rose water.. a mixture of these. Rubbing Alcohol is a no no, Glycerol Alcohol, you use the alcohol that is in Vodka ( gly pro) . Tattoo Ink is not Ink it is a Powder Pigment suspended in a carrier solution. The Carrier Solution does 4 things 1.) keeps the ink evenly mixed. 2.) Disinfects. 3.) Provides for even flow for distribution. 4.) Gives the ink its constancy, (ie) Thick, Thin . Thin Inks more Water & or Alcohol, & or Witch-Hazel . Thicker means more Glycerin. Too much glycerin & the Ink become oily. & if you see a crystallization forming on the bottle after it is left out open. typically it is the Alcohol drying out in the air just add some witch hazel & your back in business. Now I have heard some say I left the cap out all night & the ink is still wet. That means its the best. No it means it has less alcohol & more water & mainly Glycerin that will keep it moist. All you need to make ink is listed above. National Tattoo Supply Carries Power Pigment. You will also need sterile bottles to put it in. A Blender to mix it in. ( Not Your Kitchen Blender ). India Ink, Pen Ink, Have all been used in prison & home made Scratchier tattoos . The Powder Pigments Basically Breaks down into 3 types: 1.) Vegetable Base. 2.) Carbon Base (ie) Metals, Salts, Copper, Nickle, Steel, Lead, etc… 3.) Acrylic or Plastic Based. Now advantages & disadvantages of each : Vegetable Base, Advantage :Organic Less Toxic that’s good this is the best for your clients health. Disadvantage typically does not last as long (ie) fades fast in sun light. Next is the Carbon Based They can still claim ORGANIC – However try & get an MRI with tattoos & guess what Metal in the ink is effected by the Magnets.ALL Black Ink is Carbon Based!!! Some Manufacturers also use carbon based inks in colors. This is why their are so many allergic reactions to some pigments REDS & BLUES. Advantage Carbon last a long time it typically goes in the skin well. Disadvantages Look Above – Health. some of these carbons are TOXIC. Next is Acrylic or Plastic Based pigments: Advantages – Popping Bright Colors, since its an Acrylic (ie) like automotive paint it will generally hold up well. Disadvantages: Health Risk No one knows what is going to happen 20 yrs down the road. However I feel that plastics are used in artificial joints etc in medical procedures. So this to me is not a huge concern. But fact. Also Blending can be an issue for some. But I will put down a few popular brands & my personal opinion. If you are either New Or thinking of Switching Brands or just want to try a new Ink that came out.. My advice is get a sample pack… Its far cheaper.. Play with that. That’s Start with Blacks : Moms Black Pearl – I love this Moms packs a ton of pigment in the black. It works well with out-lining, Black & Grey Wash… Next is Kuri Sumi – This ink is imported from Japan & has a reputation of a high quality out-lining ink… I do love it for out-lining especially bold Japanese pieces.. However I feel it does not blend as well for Black & grey work .. Next Talons Ink Solid all around Black Ink (ie) out-lining shading.. Next Sumi Ink Good Rich Color Good for blending. Dynamic Ink good rich deep color black nice to work with skin takes it well. last long time no fade. As you tattoo you will find some blacks fade a little after the healing process & some hold… Intenze- Mario Barths Company, Check him out lots of free VIDEO Education on there site: & on You Tube. Dark Black for Out-Lining – Rich Deep nice to work with excellent hold. Next Eternal Ink. A well Established brand They make their own ink . Nice Color Good to work with holds well. Mom’s Black Pear -Out-lining ink, rich color, nice hold. easy to work with. My favorite outlining ink, & my choice for grey-wash base. **** NOW COLOR INKS **** This is really tricky tattoo artist have their favorites… & will argue with me but it is just my opinion here.. Most Artist will mix different colors to get a certain shade custom. Most will use this companies Black & this ones greens & this ones reds etc.. The following are some popular brands. Ok first up : Eternal: Nice Bright Long lasting color easy to work with.. Next Moms Colors Moms packs a lot of pigment in their colors nice to work with holds up well. Dynamic Solid color holds up well nice for softer shades. Star-Brites, Nice Colors has been around for awhile. watch for the reds some allergic reactions with their reds. Intenze- Mario Barth with out a doubt Intenze ink has a ton of top notch artist on their team. Good free education on on their site. Nice Eye Popping Colors, flows nice shades well goes in skin good holds color well. Their are other Brands these are the big ones if you are looking for bright : Look at Intenze, Eternal Both companies good to deal with.Eternal, Nice flow, goes in skin well holds up nice. nice popping colors. The staff is knowledgeable & friendly… One more Thing Whites: MOMS Lots Of Pigment Baby & That makes the White hold. Eternal Rich Tick long lasting white. Star-brites White Nice Holding ability. Intenze Nice White. Alla-Prima’s White & Arcane Hold Well also. White is tricky a lot of artist have trouble making it hold. Yellow is another color artist can have trouble with. work in twice & leave it. It is there just may be hard to see. Green’s can be another problem color for artist. Reason they have a little white in them, and may not be visible at first. Again work it twice, & leave it. find a company’s Green’s you like & stick with them. Next I would advise the following Take up graphite drawing, water Color. To get a feel for color & how to create depth & texture & play with light & shading techniques.. Before you do color get good at out-lining & then work on Black & Grey…Grey Wash will help your color exponentially. A good book & DVD series on Color Portraits is by – Joshua Carlton Portrait Realism.. on Amazon.com Also Intenze’s Site lots of free education videos & some for sale. Intenze’s site Next: Skin Candy : Skin Candy Ink was originally made in small batches for The famous Ed Hardy This because the inks were the first to have that Eye Popping Bright Color Pallet. It then spread through a few higher end tattoo studios. But took off when the TV Series ” MIAMI INK ” Premiered. It is said that the the artist & show producers wanted a more vibrant color rich ink to pop on TV…. & the rest is history. Skin Candy Ink Blew up & is now every where. It is a high quality ink the first one to have vibrant long lasting colors. Good to work with skin takes ink well. Last Long. Next Blood Line: is from the same manufacturer as above { Skin Candy } Makes- Blood Line as a strictly professional line… However it now is sold every where. Same as Skin Candy Is a bit thicker. Works well nice rich bright colors. Next : We Have – Iron Butterfly Ink : It is made by Tommy – (ie) same manufacturer as { STAR-BRITE Ink } It became popular when The TV Series – La Ink Used the Ink on the its TV series. It is a good high quality ink Nice Color saturation into the skin blends well. Stays Long Time, lasting power. Next is : Alla Prima Ink & Arcane Ink : Joshua Carlton & John Montgomery’s Ink company: Rick Bright Colors, Works in the skin well, Smooth blending, This meets EU Standards As do all the Inks I mentioned above. Every Ink I mentioned meets EU Standards . Next : is Fusion Ink : They are a newer Ink Company. I personally have not used their inks but a lot of artist like them.. A word of caution here…. ***** I Personally Would NEVER USE FUSION INKS ! ***** When I called them their staff was not knowledgeable & as a matter of a fact down right RUDE ! They think because they are paying a bunch of artist to use their inks… That is all they need to do The Sheep Will Flow ! When you compare them to Moms, Star-Brite, Eternal ,National, No Comparison. The Owner Of Eternal Will Speak with most Artist personally, That says a lot.. & Star-Brite Great Company, There is one more new one that has crept up fast -F.B.I. – Fat Boy Inks : I have not used them personally but I am going to order some to try – They Make Black & Gray Wash Inks Only: I Spoke with the owner who is a tattoo artist, He seems extremely knowledgeable & Loves the Craft. The inks have a GRADATION Scale – That is on the label they have an indication of how light or dark they are. This is like what what Artist use for example the 5 shades of gray for a reference in graphite pencil drawings, Copic Pens, Black & Gray etc.. A nice idea he also has a neat formula for his carriers. Which is where a lot of companies skimp. He worked with a Medical Doctor & a Professor, to formulate the inks. He sells them his self. I believe he is either in New York or Connecticut.. He has some free educational videos on Gray Wash.. He approaches it from light to dark.. Which in my opinion is better for any New Tattoo Artist doing Black & Gray.. You can always make it Darker But you can not make it lighter ! Remember most of these companies are getting their PIGMENT From the same suppliers… Read above about the different pigments in the beginning. The Carriers is another area that must be understood. Also the same color from the same manufacture will look different on different skin tones! Light Pale White Fair Skin! The Ink will always Pop Bright & Vibrant ! Darker Skin Tones will mute the the color .. This is due the reflection of light Lighter Skin Tones reflect more light. Darker Skin Tones absorb more light. A good thing to do is to take the light tan sheet that looks like tan tracing paper out of your Spirit Master Sheets . Grab a Color Chart & put this paper over the color & notice how it changes the colors tone. Note : On Darker Skin African American for example Red is usually not visible. This is why an Art back ground is so important. look at some educational videos on you tube it will help, & its free. I hope this helps you out & maybe a few others as well. Good Luck ! Bill :mrgreen: :idea:

This was sent to me re- this post by: C.R. Jordan.
    Tattoo Books Online
    6:41 PM (26 minutes ago)

to me
    Good post BTW.
    We don’t care about formatting on this site.
    : )
    Its a free forum for sharing information.

Infamous 
    Participant

Who’s we? C.R. Jordan is never here, what does he know about this forum?

I am as a devoted member of this forum, pretty concerned about formatting

Anonymous 

@infamous wrote:

Who’s we? C.R. Jordan is never here, what does he know about this forum?

I am as a devoted member of this forum, pretty concerned about formatting

:o * Since This Forum is Owned By – C.R. Jordan. * I think it matters. He pays for it. He should set the rules… You either need to be on Meds or Stop self medicating.. Your Whole Thought Process is Flawed….
    :lol: Spend Less Time on Forums & more learning your craft… Trust me, You do not have the knowledge required. :?

:shock: An apprentice at my shop in 6 moths time can build a linner, shader, color packer. Knows the history of tattooing & body modification.
    Has built a basic power supply, foot switch, clip cord. Then can use a digital read out with volts amps duty cycle, as well as a basic PS setting the machine by sound that perfect B Flat humm. & understands hit needle depth, bog point. Has made a few custom needle groupings, Made Grey Washes, Color from Powder pigment & Carrier solution, Has their Blood Borne Pathogens, CPR, First Aid, AED Certifications. Can Run a Sonic Cleaner, Auto Clave, Under stands warm cool & hot zones, Proper Cleaning & sterilization methods in line with State Health dept. Know what a Material Data Facts Sheet is & where to get it. Has Read C.R. Jordan’ Book Basic Tattooing 3 X once through second time writing whole book, Same with Huck Spaulding’s Book. Has Read Joshua Carlton’s Book Same procedure.. Has watched Educational DVD’s, & certain You-Tube Channels. Has Tattooed Patrice Skins, Pig Skins Ears feet, Fruit, Oranges Tangerines, Grapefruit, Bananas, Pumpkins in season, But will do it with in one year. pumpkins that is. honey Dew Mellon’s Craft Foam.. Not until this is mastered do they tattoo friends & family in the shop under guidance of a qualified artist. They Know every part of the machines Rotary & Coil . Needle configurations,They have watched countless tattoos being done in the shop. They have been to at least 1 tattoo convention at this point. & need to attend 3 with in the first year. They can Make Stencil Solution. They read tattoo magazines. Art books, Watch Videos on Art Ex Drawing on the right side of the brain. Betty Edwards. They have drawn & traced countless pieces of flash & colored them in with color markers copic or Primsa. They have painted with Oils Acrylics, Water-colors, Drawn with Graphite Pencils Colored pencils Pastel Chalks, Charcoal. They have surfed the net for flash. They are required to read Grays Anatomy with in the first year. Stencil Placement According To Body Flow. Also They Know What style of tattoo is what American Traditional Bio Mechanical Realism etc…They have learned how to use the imagination to create flash, Also album covers T-shirts etc…. 6 Months time they are ahead of most tattooist that have been in the business for 2 years….
    :arrow: Note : This is called a Curriculum…. Detailed Lesson Plans to take from Point A to Point Z.
    I know You are not even at an apprentice in my shops level that is only 1 month in.
    I always tell people the 3 month & 6 month mark will show who will make it & who will quit. life is Hard strive to Be the best.

:o You Do not Possess The Skill Set Needed to be successful in this industry.. this is Why You area Scratcher… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: **** BILL **** :mrgreen:

Lennart82 
    Participant

C R Jordan RULE. …
    Show your work.

then stop saying you follow the rules. Your augument is invalid.

Anonymous 

@lennart82 wrote:

C R Jordan RULE. …
    Show your work.

then stop saying you follow the rules. Your augument is invalid.

BITE ME…

Vory 

okay….back on topic?

I’ve tried Starbrite and just wasn’t happy. I made sure I bought the legit stuff but it’s just not for me.

Right now I only use Waverly http://www.waverlycolor.com/collections/tattoo-pigment
    I haven’t had an issue ordering and they give a great deal on a sample set so you can try it out with little cost.

Bluebird is a dream come true for lining and black&grey work.
    Their White is awesome straight out of the bottle and works great for tinting other colors.

To supplement the sample set I picked up Blood Red (great value range, kinda like Alizarin Crimson), Ochre, Pink and a few other browns. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick up a few others I’ve been eyeing soon. I need a really deep cool blue and I’m hoping Cornflower does the trick.

Infamous 
    Participant

I thought Waverly only sold to licensed tattoo studios and artists?

Are you sure that that’s the real stuff?

I have heard some really good things about Waverly, but I’ve never been able to find any for sale anywhere.

I’m currently using Mom’s for color and its working out pretty good for me so far :) and Kuro Sumi for my gray washes and outlining.

Thinking about getting some Intenze Zuper Black for outlining as well as I’ve heard it’s a darker and truer black.

Vory 

yeah man, that’s the real stuff. From what I understand, Waverly and Old Gold are the highest quality pigments money can buy.
    I paid with a credit card and received my order 3 days later.
    I’ve placed two seperate orders now and have never had a problem. Some places are really strict about who they sell to.
    http://www.waverlycolor.com/ is not.

robroy289 
    Participant

Bill Waverly will sell to anyone now i believe. I am a licensed artist but when i ordered over the phone he did not ask for any shop information. That is what i am using now also and i switched from eternal. There is a transition you will have to make for powder pigment vs. per-dispersed. They are very thick colors but work very well. I myself never liked thick inks but i gave them a shot anyways and love them. I still have my favorite colors from eternal and dynamic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan

Forgot your details?