• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sarahcrowe

Hey guys!

I’m beginning to get a folio together to try to get an apprenticeship, and I want to know what sorts of things would be be ideal to include in the folio, how it should be presented, and more importantly, what sorts of reoccurring designs are more popular.

I have a particular interest in traditional style artwork, so of course, roses, anchors, swallows and pin-ups are important, but what other designs should I really work on being able to sketch straight from my head?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

you really don’t need to sketch from your head
      there are few things I can sketch without a reference
      you’ll always be able to have references just tweak them to your style
      youll want to have 18-22 really good drawings
      preferably tattoo designs, and try to keep similar designs together: all your traditional designs together, japanese together, etc
      makes it nicer to view
      always draw the outline, scan, and print off a copy to finish for your portfolio
      never use originals because if you lose your portfolio you dont have the originals to rebuild it
      you can also make a digital portfolio on a flash drive and leave that with them so they can view it later

Lennart82
      Participant

And never ever ever, copy something and tell a tattoo artist, its an original design. Chances are, they have seen it before ;)

Reserve the back of your folio to the more drawing like drawings. Here I mean, drawings were you shade stuf with a pencil and smudge it. Its good to have mad skills when it comes to drawings, but always remember you want to show a tattoo artist, that your creations can be used for tattoos ;)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan