• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester Ink
      Participant

Just wondering if i should do the outline with a 7rl and the smaller stuff with a 5rl? For the coloring maybe a ??

All the needles i have are box of 50 5rls
      10 7rls
      7mags and a 5mag. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot.

forgot the links:
      .http://www.iaza.com/zpages/displayimage.html?CURRENTFILE=/work/121101C/iaza14972764751300.jpg what its suppose to look like afterwards
      http://www.iaza.com/zpages/displayimage.html?CURRENTFILE=/work/121101C/iaza14972737498100.jpg bigger stencil pic

nytemareh
      Participant

I would use a 9rl for the outline. I know you don’t have it, but ether order or you will need to sculpt the lines to get them right. you are gonna some big bold lines in that. Not that it can’t be done with a 7rl. You pretty much have it and good on you looking at the different line weights.

Viper65

I’d use the 7rl but that’s just me..and I agree the 9 would probably be a better choice… ;)

M1k3
      Participant

I almost exclusively use 5rl. There great for detail work and easy enough to sculpt when working with different line weights. I’ve heard alot of people use 7rl regularly but I really like the detail I can squeeze out of a 5 and don’t mind sculpting thicker lines when I need to.

robroy289
      Participant

I started out with 5rl and am like you can pretty much sculpt the lines. I recently switched to 7rl and love the nice crisp not to bold but enough lines. 9rl never seem to do good for me. I would use 5rl and 7rl…

murai89
      Participant

i would use a 5round tight and possible 5mag and 9mag depending on the actual size
      you can also build likes with a 5mag if you use it right..

Jester Ink
      Participant

been awhile since i’ve been on. It’s been sometime since i did this tattoo. looks hagard as all b.s. I must admit, when i did this, it wasn’t at my usual work station. Her kids were running around, kicking my stuff everywhere, and not being able it adjust properly, it turned out like this. I used a 7rl for the whole thing, and she was amazed it even stuck. Some of the over blots are from when her son kicked me in the back, and ink drying faster than what i could work. Any input is welcomes.

This next one my stepdad wanted. He loves Mountain Dew, it’s his drug lol. He sat through the whole tat and didn’t flinch. He did ask if i even started and “what’s with all this young people gripeing about, this doesn’t hurt”. That was the pic i took afterwards, since then i have colored it in. I gave him all the do’s and dont’s. He managed to scratch like crazy and i now have to redo the coloring. Also with this one, i used a 7rl for it all.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan