• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Asfxe8

So I managed to get enough cash to go out and buy nearly everything I need to get started tattooing (practicing first of course). But I am wondering if I should buy everything separately or get one of those tattoo kits.Being a novice, I want to know if I should start with a simpler setup or go ahead and buy a more advanced one seeing that I have the cash. Buying separately means a Danny Fowler flatliner and an eikon ems250 among other pricy items! On the other hand I was looking at a 2 raven machine kit from superior tattoo supply which is significantly cheaper,but I question the quality of the machines as well as the power supply. Anyone who has any experience with any of these products please help!

If you are just starting out – then your mentor in the shop will let you know when to get what!
      If you are not in a shop – then get some cheap stuff on eBay or online.
      Practice on practice skins only – NO HUMANS!!
      : )

Get the books – and learn a bit too!
      Best of luck.
      http://www.tattoo-apprentice.com

Asfxe8

Thanks for the input! I just purchased some equipment as well as the book! :mrgreen: Can’t wait to get started! And no humans for a while,gotcha!

lostcause
      Participant

Haven t been doing this long but buying a kit isn’t bad but not worth it. I have only been doing this for about a year but if I could go back and buy machines and so on separately I would in a heart beat. The kit I got from Superior Tattoo isnt bad but thinking about it now the money I wasted on it would have been so much better putting to a nice machine. That is if you are serious about doing it and are going to stick with it no matter what.

bear
      Participant

you get what you pay for save up and get the good stuff! your tattoos will look better with good equipment!

robroy289
      Participant

Hildibrant machines work well. And can be upgraded easy.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan