• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      muddo

Hey whats up every1..??? Does any1 else have the problem when working on practice skin( the rubber kind ) even though i would love to have a pig running around full of my ink to practice on…. but I’m getting off topic… when I start shading or putting color in my tattoos on the practice skins, it tends to look blochy (if thats how its spelled)… what i mean is it doesnt have even tones of gradients… Is it just me and my lack of skills or have u guys expirienced this problem too..???

RogerRockit

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the practice skins so far. I’m using them only for line work practice. Also been practicing on honeydew melons.

muddo

whats up RogerRockit..never tried Honeydew melons..I tried the grapefruits,but get tiered of them cause of there size…ur really limited 2 what u can do with them…I was checking out the honeydews when I was at the market though…How are those working out for you…is the skin texture good for practice on shading & coloring… I’d love to see pics if u got any….

Kingdomcome

Get rid of practice skin :D
      I hate practice skin.

Pig skin is just a tiny bit better, but you will have problems cleaning it for shure. But they are much better to learn how to shade and color.

If i where you, and if you dont want to Tat yourself, i would go for lemons, pig skin to practice shading and coloring, and practice skin to practice lines.

Keep it up, and keep us posted.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan