• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

https://www.facebook.com/hannahbal.lector/media_set?set=a.2814055589697.2127556.1208017333&type=3

above is a link to most of my drawings and designs, i like honesty, please be. ;)

Lennart82
      Participant

Looks good. :D

But that portrait….. hmmmm something wrong with his right eye. Imo it needs more dimension. It looks kinda flat.
      Wrinkles is a tuff area, easy to make hard lines, which gives it a cartoony feel of it.
      Advice, be more gentle when doing wrinkles, and the eyes, focus more on them ;)

are you talking about the Steve buscemi?

Lennart82
      Participant

Yub that one ;)

TonyPhoenix

There’s nothing wrong with the Steve Buscemi pic. Very good work.

K.Campbell

You’ve got some skills, keep at it!

Lennart82
      Participant

@TonyPhoenix wrote:

There’s nothing wrong with the Steve Buscemi pic. Very good work.

It could be better actually. The eyes needs more depth to them. The wrinkles are too hard. So yes, could be better. And I have seen alot worse then this.
      But to get better, one cannot say. “There is nothing wrong!” then they will just sit back, and never evolve. You can always evolve ;)

(And not to sound like a douche here)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I’d listen to Len as he specializes in portraits in the drawing field :P

robroy289
      Participant

Yes the portrait looks awesome far better than what i could do but i do agree just a tad more done to the eyes.. I can look at my art and find things all day long that needs or needed to be done.. Awesome work you are a good artist!!

funny thing is that off all the art on that link, that is one of the oldest, like 4 years ago old. and i don’t fix or redo old art, to me it helps you see how much you have improved and “evolved”. so im happy that the critique i got was on an older piece. and thank you i do agree it is a little flat.

Vory

Hey Hannah,

The work is looking solid.

A couple suggestions;
      1. try punching your blacks a little bit. It can give you a big more pop in some areas and can extend your value scale which may help with the “flat” look.

2. Draw in layers. Tracing paper is your friend. You can have a really messy sketch (work out your anatomy and compostion) and then get a final line drawing without much effort by tracing the lines you want onto a clean piece of tracing paper. This method is also great for experimenting with little tweaks. For example, the difference between a good piece and a great piece could be moving a wave two inches to the right. So instead of redrawing the whole design everytime you may want to change something, work it out on a seperate piece of tracing paper. This will give you greater control and I think will give you a chance to really show off your skills. Remember, being critical is what’s going to push you to the next level.

Don’t quit! You’ve got something here!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

@Vory wrote:

Hey Hannah,

The work is looking solid.

A couple suggestions;
      1. try punching your blacks a little bit. It can give you a big more pop in some areas and can extend your value scale which may help with the “flat” look.

2. Draw in layers. Tracing paper is your friend. You can have a really messy sketch (work out your anatomy and compostion) and then get a final line drawing without much effort by tracing the lines you want onto a clean piece of tracing paper. This method is also great for experimenting with little tweaks. For example, the difference between a good piece and a great piece could be moving a wave two inches to the right. So instead of redrawing the whole design everytime you may want to change something, work it out on a seperate piece of tracing paper. This will give you greater control and I think will give you a chance to really show off your skills. Remember, being critical is what’s going to push you to the next level.

Don’t quit! You’ve got something here!

+1

Anonymous
      Inactive

You had done really an very great job on it and made an great effort i would really appreciate you for that to continue your talent.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan