• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Toombs

Just wondering what the best fruit for practicing tattoos would be? My mentor is being a sly one at the moment and keeps saying to just figure it out… Great advice huh!? I have used pig skin and even did some work on myself but I wanna keep going with fruit and veg lol… Need suggestions based on experience of what you have used… I want to keep an open mind and try all possibilities… Cheers guys!!

Jester
      Participant

The only fruit that I’ve tried is Honey Dew Melon.
      Works great for lining and color, but not for shading.

Toombs

Cheers I’ll definitely have to get some of those lol…

wrathone11
      Participant

Grapefruits and oranges, straight up old school practice when you’re tattooing them.

leena

Honeydew melon and grapefruit are the most common fruits for tattoo practicing, while pig ear is more used since it is at least real skin. You may find the pig skin a bit thicker than human skin when you inject your tattoo needle into it. You may also try pig feet, which is sometime more preferred by some people.

ricky011

About my opinion tomato are watermelon are best for the tattoo practice.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Never use a tomato. It is nothing like human skin haha. Use only Honeydew melon in the fruit area. Honeydew has the CLOSEST consistency, and resistance to human skin than any other fruit. :
      cheers

Infamous
      Participant

Tomato and watermelon really? Wow. Just wow. Don’t do that

Lennart82
      Participant

Tomatos???? What???
      I think I should try that, just to capture it on film, and see how it quickly turns into mashed tomato chunk.. :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

@Lennart82 wrote:

Tomatos???? What???
      I think I should try that, just to capture it on film, and see how it quickly turns into mashed tomato chunk.. :D

+1

Anonymous
      Inactive

You could try with watermelon that would easy to create tattoo fruit practice.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan