• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tjcolon90

i have no problem recreating or using references to do my art but i cant seem to make my ideas come out when staring at a blank page.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Nothing wrong with using references. Come up with an idea, and grab a bunch of references, and put the design together.

Jbeaufosho

Used to have to same problem. I couldn’t draw a fucking stick figure unless I had a picture in front of me. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. I can’t stress that enough. Bite other people’s shit relentlessly. Copy other people’s work you admire. If you have a particular style you want to focus on that’s even better. The more you copy other people’s stuff the better understanding you’ll have of how they’re supposed to be set up and eventually it will be second nature. I can do a lot of traditional without reference now and I do 100% originals all the time now. Some people that shit is comes naturally to. I know people like this but people like us have to work at it more. But that’s the key, hard work and practice. Nothing worth having comes easy. Keep us updated and good luck!

Ps just wanted to say: that being said I 100% agree there is NOTHING wrong with using refference. I use some sort of reference on like 90% of the tattoos I do cause I can almost always find someone who can do it better than me. It’s only really worth it to draw it yourself if you know you can do better than what you can find. Even if you wanna do custom shit its ok to use different refference for different bits and pieces. Anyway hope that helps.

Infamous
      Participant

+1 to JBeau

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan