• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

So,I bit he bullet and figured I would learn more if If I did one on myself. I was sanitary, I read the book 3 times and watched the DVD…The design looks okay, my lines are a bit shaky-but overall it’s good.

My only problem is the ink doesn’t seem dark enough. Could this be my needle depth? I used Screamers Tattoo Ink Pitch black for the outline with a 5rl. (Disposable tube combo)

And yes, Apprenticeship would be ideal, but I would have to commute 50 miles to the nearest place and I’m really only interested in doing myself right now.

Thanks!

Infamous
      Participant

You just want to skim the surface when you tattoo, I used to make the same mistake of thinking I wasn’t going deep enough.. Completely Wrong! You get better results with a lighter touch.

I am going to blame your ink, and possibly your machine as well. I’ve never heard of Screamers Tattoo Ink, so I’m going to guess that is in fact the problem. I’d be willing to wager that is the ink that came with your kit, and the machine you were using is probably pretty poorly tuned as well..

Well, let’s see how you did on the tattoo anyways! Do you have a picture?

Spider
      Participant

Here’s a link to a hidden page on our website that has a pretty decent beginners tuning guide on it.
      http://www.darkcarnivalink.com/tuning.html

Actually, it’s not the ink that came with my kit. I purchased it separately.

Also, my machine was tuned by a friend of mine who is a professional. But maybe I went too deep, then. I’ll post a photo later. ^^

Infamous
      Participant

Even if its not the ink that came with your kit… I still can’t find it anywhere, so I’m still leaning towards that.

Could just chalk it up to inexperience as well..

I had two cheap-o machines before I finally splurged and got a Hildbrandt, both of those were in perfect tune but the fact was they were just crappy to begin with. I fiddled with them for a long while and turned them into a couple of polished turds. When I got a Power Supply that could compare the workload of the machines I compared notes and found that my cheap-o machines despite being pretty well tuned weren’t running at half the efficiency of my new one.

The fact is there are A LOT of variables that could give you your results :/

Could be your ink, your machine, your power supply, your needle depth, your needles, or your technique

Infamous
      Participant

Okay, so I managed to find Scream Tattoo Ink… It’s about one of the cheapest inks I’ve ever seen lol.

I can’t imagine it could be a very good ink.. Try Kuro Sumi for your outlines or Intenze Zuper Black, they may seem expensive but you’ll be glad you got them when you see the difference

http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com

Lennart82
      Participant

I’ve read somewhere, that you shouldnt just stick to 1 kind of ink. But combine what works for you. This is a trial/error area.
      And same place were I read;
      If its too cheap, its crap. If its too expensive, its not worth it…

Now talk about confusion :P

Spider
      Participant

I’ve never used scream, only thing I know for sure about that ink is that a few years ago they had a major recall for their reds and yellows I think. It was some bad bad bad stuff. And I believe there is still a class action lawsuit going from that for people that had some permanent problems from it. No I am not joking…Google scream ink lawsuit. As for ink not going in, all I can say is STRETCH STREEEEEETTTTTTTCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH that skin. One of the biggest and most common mistakes I have seen and heard is skin not being taunt enough. Really.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would recommend you to not to go deep enough that would create problem and sometimes skin rashes also.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan