• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

I’m on the lookout of some descent disposable tubes. I’ve been hearing a lot about the Hummingbird collection. But they aren’t cheap.
      They have a large grip, which I like. And there should be a really good ink reservoir.
      Any of you, who’ve tried them or would recommend them?

If they are really crap, do you have any good ones you use?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I just use the disposable grips at http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com

Lennart82
      Participant

I have those black/rubber ones. They are actually quite good. :D

Do you have any experience with other types?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Ive used this pretty big blue ones, but I’m not sure who makes them, or what brand they are. I bought them from the shop I used to work at.
      sorry D:

Lennart82
      Participant

Okey, here goes nothing. I ordered a pack og hummingbirds. Just 5 rounds. 20 pieces at a price of 41,45$
      Getting them this friday.

This is the ones. (and this site is my go to danish supply site)
      http://supply-division.dk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=878

I will be sure to do e review of them. If they are any good. My main concern, is the grip size. But lets see.

Lennart82
      Participant

The review as I promised on the Humming Bird disposable tube.

First of, they are quite expensive, especially if your new to the trade, and don’t have all that capital to work with, I would choose a different brand.
      The seize of the grip, is big, and if your not use to big grips, then this is really not for you either.
      personally I like a big grip, as I tend to tense up my fingers, when I use a smaller, thinner one. But that’s just personal preference, and nothing else.

The ink reservoir is huge, you can have a great deal of ink in it, very ideal for colouring or shading. I would not recommend using them as liner grips (again personal) since you can really fill the thing up, and if your not careful, you will end up whit all the ink in a big blob on your stencil.
      It fills quickly, so a gentle dip is quite enough. Don’t let the machine run in the ink cap, you will fill the thing up very fast.

The reservoir has a tiny window, which gives it, its massive ink capacity, but as this window is so small, you have to be very, very careful when placing the needle in the tube. You don’t have the overview as with others. And you can easily bump the needle.
      Its made of plastic, and as all plastic tubes/grip, the insertion of the needles are to be done carefully.

The ink flow is amazing. With the right machine setup, it just flows in. And that’s a major plus. Whit the wrong setup, it splashes the ink all over the place, but you know how that is.

Now the major different with the humming bird grip, is the sound it makes. Be course of the big grip size, which is in fact hallow, it resonates the machines sound and amplifies it. Its a bit louder, and the humming is different. You can still ear tune it, but the hum is just different.

If I think its worth the price? No, actually I have used cheaper and better disposable grips, so I don’t think its worth it. The only real plus on them, are the huge ink reservoir and the good ink flow, which makes them ideal for colouring. Other then that, well, I wouldn’t recommend them.

Lennart82
      Participant

Review update

Okey, So I have used the rounds. When I ordered a batch, I ordered 5rounds and 7flats. I just only used the rounds.
      The I tried the flats, when at first, I really hated that piece of crap, I couldn’t get my mag in , its like it was too tight or something. I destroyed 2 needles, trying to get em in. Yesterday, I ran out of my regular flats, and only had the Humming birds left… So had to use them. This time however, I took a closer look at the tip point . There, a little thing I was blinded by before, a little thing I didn’t notice.
      There were two taps, were the flat/magnum, should be below… Ahhhhhhh There was an idea with the madness. With this in mind, I slit the needle easily down and out of the tip.
      Now I was ready to give them a try. I loved how snug it was, no bouncing or any annoying things. First time using a tip shovel, so perhaps, it has a thing or two, to say about it. But it worked, and it worked great.
      The rounds are still annoying to use, and I still get annoyed when it starts “humming”, but the flats are good. So good I actually just ordered a new batch.

Wyki

Well they are Humming birds, so dont get mad when they start humming :lol:

Lennart82
      Participant

Hahahah if you havent heard them yet, you should, they make a really annoying buzzing. hahahaha
      Birds gotta fly :ugeek:

Vory

Hey Lenn,

I don’t know if they can ship to you but check these out.
      http://www.tatsoulspearman.com/store/index.php?cPath=205
      These are the best disposable tubes I’ve found anywhere and there’s no background check to order.
      I’m not a fan of anything else by tatsoul. The wrath gen 2 tubes are the only thing I buy from them.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan