• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jammer

Hey all,
      I’m new here and have a question for all you guys.
      I’m an airbrush artist and have been doing it for 10 years now, and I’m getting the itch to get into Tattooing.I was wondering with my experience with design and color theories if it would be easier for me to make the transition than someone without my knowledge?
      Thanks,
      Jammer

xDreamerx
      Participant

Airbrushing is awesome! I did it for a few years and even taught a few people. As an airbrush artist to another I would say yeah. It will be an easier transition to someone WITHOUT any art abilities.

You’ll be able to vision things ahead of what you’ll be capable of doing on skin, that is what will be frustrating for you. Cause in stead of just painting and then going over an area lets say for a highlight you cant do that in tattooing. You have to intentionally leave that area open. When I would paint or airbrush I could just put white ink/paint over any area regardless if it was already saturated with another solid color. Tattooing you to know where to leave open area for highlights….hope this helps man. I remember how I would airbrush and now with tattooing its totally different.

Either way there will be a culture shock and learning curve….hence the need to apprentice.

Feel free to share some of your art work here on the site! And good luck man.

Jammer

Thanks for the reply. I love airbrushing but I’m at the point I need to try something challenging, learn something new, you know what I mean? I know all about the highlight difference, but I do most of my work on tees and always try and use the white of the shirt for the highlights, I hate using white unless I absolutely have too. I think my main thing I have to learn besides how not to spread diseases and keep it sanitary, which most is common sence if your a clean person, is blending the colors.
      It’s easy when airbrushing, you go closer, or far away, less and more paint. I’m assuming when doing a tattoo you go a little harder and slower for the solid color and lighter and faster to fade it out. I have a friend back home that is a tattoo artist I only wish we lived closer LOL
      I love the style of Nikko with the use of color and not just a solid outline colored in like a coloring book. Thats what I want to strive for.
      As for an apprenticeship LOL I’m not impressed at all with any of the work coming from the shops where I live. I think I could teach them a thing or two about color theory and shading LOL I think at this point in time I’m going to watch my friend when I visit and practice on fruit and pig skin until he feels I can do my first tatt. If it’s 6 month or 2 years I don’t care as long as I’m good enough not to fuck anyone up for life.
      Heres a link to my stores facebook page.
      Thanks again,
      Jammer,
      http://www.facebook.com/AirDesignsCustomAirbrushing

Ryan Lee

I did alot of work with airbrushing from motorcycles to shirts and I was just about to buy a really nice airbrush gun and C02 set up and I just said ” F it im getting a tattoo machine set up. I am a rookie in the area of tattooing but I think any type of knowledge in the different areas of art will help you out. Good luck!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan