• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Atchitol

Can anybody recommend some solid flash books ? I have bout a few off of amazon only to feel ripped off . I have Tattoo Bible book one, and Mitch o’Connell tattoos. I feel like these are both mediocre and sub par. Need somthing inspiring.

TexasPT

honestly, I’ve googled “tattoo designs”, “tattoo flash”, and then more specific like “skull tattoo” or “flower tattoo” and used the image search. There are MILLIONS out there.

Mark

Atchitol

Thanks mark, not to sound like a dick but I am aware of google images. Currently I access the web through my phone. I don’t yet have a computer or internet access. Browsing with my phone gets my by but I need somthing a little better. I’ve got a ton of willing friends. But no ideas. Can ya help me out?

Viper65

Google Deviant Art…you should be able to come up with something there……. ;)

TexasPT

Dick. :)

Just kidding…the phone thing is an issue for sure. Go to your local library. You can sit online for HOURS and browse. That’ll be much easier than the phone.

I’ve seen, don’t own, Joe Capobianco’s sketchbook..unreal pinups. There are a lot at superior.com for sale relatively cheap as well. I’ve looked on amazon for the kindle but haven’t found anything worth getting there. If you go to the library look up Japanese tattoo, Samoan, etc. Should be tons of books on the shelf there too in the art section.

mark

Atchitol

Ha right on mark. I will have to check out the library. I usually work 50 ish hours a week at my warehouse job. So spare time is a rarity. I’m saving up for a computer right now. When I do I will google every image there is.thanks for your help dude. !

xDreamerx
      Participant

….some of the comments made me laugh. :lol:

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

tatmight.com it some good stuff from joe shmoe to bob tyrell. theres also a section with outlines only….have a look. its a rough site to navigate, due to no organization. oh and the search feature usually brings up stuff that doesnt relate to your search…….

I recently picked up a big flash book for ideas/ bathroom reading lol. Its called “Tattoo Sourcebook”, its black with a green and red dragon on the cover and a red spline. Its a good book of various flash along with their supposed meanings. Its 515 pages and only cost under $20 at Barnes & Noble. Might be what your after.

ericpsolis

Check out Craigslist.

I recently bought a box of about 50 tattoo flash magazines and I’m just taking what I like and I’m recycling the rest. Keep an eye out at Half Price books too.

Toombs

@Flying Monkey wrote:

I recently picked up a big flash book for ideas/ bathroom reading lol. Its called “Tattoo Sourcebook”, its black with a green and red dragon on the cover and a red spline. Its a good book of various flash along with their supposed meanings. Its 515 pages and only cost under $20 at Barnes & Noble. Might be what your after.

It really is a great book hey? Got alot of inspiration from the flash designs there… Correct me if I’m wrong but I think it says there are about 3000 images in the book… Definitely worth the cash… Btw I have edition three and it’s a bit pricier here in aus.. About $50AUD

cjmahone66

i have purchased a few off Amazon too, ended up sending one back it was so bad. but… i have “Classic Flash in 5 Bold Colors” (#1 and 2) and they are both really great IMO. author is Jeromey “Tilt” McCulloch. i’m really trying to work on making my tattooing cleaner and bolder, so these two books are very inspiring. some of the images are a little offensive, but some are down right histerical. just keep it high on the shelf, away from the kids.

perack

@TexasPT wrote:

honestly, I’ve googled “tattoo designs”, “tattoo flash”, and then more specific like “skull tattoo” or “flower tattoo” and used the image search. There are MILLIONS out there.

Mark

Did the same – it is definitely the easiest thing. Above all because you can easily print out the images on singular paper pages and then use it to train your sketching skills a bit. I love to do that. I always found it quite hard to make flowers appear real so I often ordered flower bouquets via serenataflowers.com and then started to draw one flower after another until I finally found a way of drawing flowers easily and beautifully. It is all in knowing how to train yourself.

Loopi

I have about 500 images all types on disc I am sure I could try and upload it some where that ye could download if any one is interested.

cjmahone66

i have recently been turned on to Dover coloring books. they are cheap on Amazon and have great reference material. see this one for example:
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0486231429/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01#_

they have them on hundreds of different subjects, there’s even a “tattoo flash” one sold as a children’s coloring book, which is mainly old Sailor stuff but it’s suprisingly clean and easy to trace or make stencils from.

i heard that you can go to the Dover website and sign up for free email updates that include sample pages form new coloring books they put out.

flipbook

Yes,a Flashbook is one of the many names for a digital publication and it is another way to describe the interactive page-turning effect associated with popular digital magazines you see online. you can use flash book creator create your own flipping book

Here is how you find tattoo flash books – design books, tattoo designs ect.
      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tattoo+flash+books

http://www.Tattoo-Apprentice.com

: )

I highly recommend TattooFlashBooks.com
      http://tattooflashbooks.com/jordan01.html

lilianaplus

To Flash users fans , it’s easy to create Flash with pdf files. you can use this software for converting. Flipbook converter

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan