• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jimelliott10

Hello everyone, my name is Jim and im 34.
      I served most of a year long apprenticeship about 12 years ago and shortly after worked as sort of a working tattoo artist/apprentice in a shop for about 2 years after which time I went in the army. I have wanted to get back into tattooing for years and I finally decided to do it. I bought a Hildbandt tattoo kit which after doing a lot of research seemed to come with the best machines and the best all together starter kit for the money and it came with a lot of training tools including the book fundamentals of modern tattoo which is how I found this site plus a cd with about 6000 types of flash on it and some great videos. I have had many friends who saw my work in the past ask if i would tattoo them since ive told friends im getting back into tattooing, only problem is im a bit nervous. ive been working on my drawing, ive watched every video on youtube about tattooing, ive checked out almost every book on tattooing at my local library and still I feel nervous and I never felt nervous in the past or atleast not that I can remember. I,m planing to do a test tattoo on some practice skin tomorrow and follow up with one on myself. Ill let anyone interested know how it goes. this is a great forum, thanks for all the info.

leopardprints67
      Participant

Hi, Jim. I’m a newbie here myself. Welcome to the group!

Lysa

TexasPT

Welcome to the board. I think, for me anyway, the more you put out there the more you will learn. (or atleast get a second set of eyes and some constructive criticism)

Mark

Viper65

BY all means let us know how it turns out….
      Dude my nerves are a freaking wreck when i start out, serious, a wreck. I usually calm down. Ive actually had to take a couple shots then do the work, that calmed me down without getting me intoxicated…just mellowed me right out, probably the straightest lines i ever tattooed… :lol:
      Youll be fine, just practice, you got the same kit i did it sounds like, I really love mine, good equipment and lots of extras as well. Hell that book alone sells for $50 on amazon!
      If you have access to a butcher, get some pig ears, thats what i use and they are the bomb!!!! :D

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan