• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cjstrait

Hey every one!

Thought I should introduce myself properly on this forum and, tell you a little bit about myself.

My name is Cj, I’m 20 years old, and I’m an aspiring Tattoo Artist.

I decided this is what I wanted to do when I was sixteen. I was watching shows like Miami Ink and what not, when I decided that I really needed to step my game up at drawing and painting so that I could design my own Tattoos and some day have my own shop.

I grew obsessed with Tattoo facts and watching Videos on Youtube, to the point that is all i would ever do through out high school. I did a Report on Tattoo’s and Tattoo Artist in my art class. That presentation was by far the funnest one I’ve ever done.

Then I hit my rough patch… College.

I decided that i wanted to attended MIAD, Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. (yes, I’m from Wisconsin)

I completely lost the will to draw or do anything creative, because I honestly thought everyone was better then me at everything. I had good feedback from my drawing teachers, but my peers not so much. They said my style was too… Artsey and Tattooy, That it wasn’t the kind of art everyone at the school produced. I kind of felt ashamed of my work…. I started to draw less and less. Then a Friend that was in Animation gave me her old drawing Tablet! I started drawing again, but less and less traditionally.

This last semester I decided that Art School wasn’t my thing. I was too Rough around the Edges, Too Country Girl, Too Bad Ass for them to handle or to get along with.

So i’ve been home for about 3 months? I’ve finally grown a pair, and bought a beginner Tattoo Gun kit. I’m in love, I bought a lot of fake skin stuff to start learning and teaching myself the basics. I plan on going out and finding a place to apprentice, but the few around where I live are either too far away, or they are really bad artist.

Well now you know about me!

Infamous
      Participant

Welcome! I haven’t been here long myself but this forum has already proved to be the best source for information I have found yet, you won’t be disappointed

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Welcome!
      Feel free to roam around, make some posts, and hope to see some of your stuff soon!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan