• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      chopperdog

I Have been practicing my drawings ans outlines having some difficulty in my shading technique any pointers :?: Thanks

robroy289
      Participant

Hey there! What are you having trouble with Mags or round shadders? Or all around? Just make sure that your air gap between your contact point and spring are about the thickness of a US nickel and you run your machine at low volts like 5-6. You have to take your time and let the machine work and not over work the machine. Start in small areas and start out with 5 -7 mags.. hope this will help..

chopperdog

thanks for the tip and yes my mags are my biggest problem i will try the lower voltage and see what happens thanks :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

try also try less of a throw. you will want to perform a whipping motion for shading and BARELY touch the skin :)
      that’s how you make your nice soft shades :D

robroy289
      Participant

Also make sure you are using a good brand needle from a good reputable supply shop or site, Long taper mags for grey shading, and med. and short taper for color packing, and also double stack mags (M2) Work really well for color packing… 8-) :D

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan