• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      ricoh65
      Participant

Hi Pros, My PS finally bit the dust, I was using a chinese anolog “super cheapie” PS, and since I sprung for new machines (a Flatline and G2 from Time Machine) I might as well get a good PS. My question is ….How good is this PS? I like the compactness of the package and the read out has speed, volts, amps, duty cycle, and STL (which is the same as follow through). It has all the readings a Cyclone 360 has with the bonus of the time and a stop watch feature to time my sessions. It looks really cool, but is it a good PS or junk? Any one of you Pros use it? What do you think of it? I have read some reviews and it SOUNDS good…But is it really? Need someone that owns one to help me out here :?: ….THANX!

Tarantula

I have one and I like it a lot. It has a nice “tap on, tap off” feature for the foot switch so it makes those times when you have to stand up and tattoo much easier. It comes with magnetic or sucker cup feet (interchangeable) so it won’t fall over, or it can be screwd to the wall. You can programme up to 4 (or 6 can’t remember :P) machines which you can change with the press of a button. Auto shut off after 30 mins unused…And of course the stopwatch is a great feature for session work.

ricoh65
      Participant

Thanx Tarantula…I’m going to purchase it…Didn’t know about the auto shut-off and the constant ON feature…looks like it a good PS after all. :lol:

ricoh65
      Participant

If anyone is looking to upgrade or an all around kickass power supply..I HIGHLY recommend this one. It is GREAT!!! I have been using it constantly and it is one good product.

TexasPT

can you really tell a difference between power supplies? Seems like 8 volts is 8 volts…

ricoh65
      Participant

Texas…Your right, but the cheap ps I had was not really giving me the right read-out….8 volts on the cheap one turned out to be 6.4 on the good one!!!!

embajadores8

i have the eikon ems 400. and i love that thing, it also has all the features like volts,amps,duty cycle, follow through, timer, and memory for 6 settings, its a little on the pricey side though.

wrathone11
      Participant

I’ve got the Hurricane and a Danny Fowler digital power supply (no digital read out on the Fowler just the power up and down buttons). They”re both great, but the Hurricane I was able to pick up on clearance at an Amazon.com shop for $49.00, less than half the price of the Fowler. I’ve been using the Hurrican ever since. I like being able to program six machines (three liner, three shader) the tap on off option, the stopwatch and stand makes if so easy to put in place and operate and not worry about it moving. The other great thing is if you don’t have any barrier film (run out because of not paying attention to your supply) you can buy a box of sandwich bags and they fit over it perfectly.

ben.catterall
      Participant

What about the hurricane MP5? Any comments or anything on that one? I’m tempted…..

http://www.monstersteel.com/MP5-Hurricane-Dual-Power-Supply-Compact-Wall-Desk-Mount-Black-nid-702279.html

I am currently using this one below with no problems but i would like a more portable PS for when im travelling. And as a back up. :D

http://www.monstersteel.com/Advanced-Digital-Touch-Pad-Tattoo-Power-Supply-RUN-4-MACHINES-nid-701956.html

Scratched75

Hurricanes are knock offs, go to Critical Tattoo or Eikon and Check out there stuff. Buy a good one!!!!!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I have a hurricane, and have been using it for over a year without any faults at all.
      I love it, and would never go back. I can have three liner and three shader presets, and it has a stop watch and stuff. I wrote a review for it at http://www.tattooradar.com :3

Spider
      Participant

Now see I can respect the digital power supplies, but I would never change out my dials, reason being I had one digital power supply, it got knocked off my station and busted, stopped working and like a dummy i didn’t have a back-up. The dials I can fix because that was part of my mentoring, learn to fix your own stuff. And while I now have 3 back-ups plus my main, if one craps, most of the time I can fix whatever is wrong with it instead of having to send it off wait for a new one and so on…

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

that’s actually very too experience to have :3
      saves on a lot of cash
      I use the magnetic base that comes with the HP-2, and it is pretty much impossible to knock off
      it takes quite a lot of effort for me to take it off when I need to clean my station haha
      i could hit it and it wouldnt budge :3

Spider
      Participant

Yeah one of my guys uses the magnetic base, it works for him.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan