• This topic has 13 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      TexasPT

There are not a lot of active members here but there is a tremendous amount of aspiring talent and many different styles.

What if, say on Mondays, we posted up and idea and agreed on it and then took the week to come up with our own version. For example…This week put YOUR twist on a good old skull and crossbones, or Koi fish, or tribal.

On Friday in the original flash section we can post what we came up with.

Things I think will happen:
      1. It gives you something to focus on that may be outside of your “norm” or completely new to you. ( I don’t draw koi…to HAVE to would be beneficial to me as an artist)
      2. A bit of competition usually brings out the best because you will draw with purpose.
      3. A LOT of learning when pictures are posted. We’ll get one idea and a handful of approaches. The diversity will allow us all to incorporate new ideas and techniques into our typical approaches.
      4. It will give me something to do while I heal. :)

I was thinking of this when I was drawing yesterday. I have a “style” and a friend and I were talking about artists and their “niche”. I don’t want to be tied down to one approach. I want an encyclopedia of options when I approach a piece so if I need to alter it I’ve got a myriad of options cataloged in my mind.

I might just be bored…

Mark

Viper65

I wont make any promises but Ill do this as often as my time allows. Obviously i am in a completely different time zone as well….its bed time here. But i think it sounds like fun to me! Im game.. :ugeek:

Tarantula

Nice idea, another forum I belong to used to do this but you had to do a tat on a practice skin. Unfortunately it kinda died out because it was only ever the same few people posting. Go for it, if i can find some time I’m game, can’t promise though as I’m really busy at the moment and don’t have time for much at all at the moment.

leopardprints67
      Participant

I like the idea. However, I broke my pinkie finger and it’s been too painful to draw OR tattoo. :-( As soon as I’m healed in another 2-3 weeks, I’ll be happy to participate.

Lysa

Viper65

@leopardprints67 wrote:

I like the idea. However, I broke my pinkie finger and it’s been too painful to draw OR tattoo. :-( As soon as I’m healed in another 2-3 weeks, I’ll be happy to participate.

Lysa

……..Oh! that must be why you aint been around much!!!! Broke the old pinkie finger…… ;)

leopardprints67
      Participant

Yeah, it sucks. Cracked right on the joint. Unbelievably painful. I’m itching to draw and tattoo and I can’t even rest weight on my hand.

chadley

I’m game!! Sounds motivating, or maybe I’m just bored too!! Either way, the outcome could be interesting.

tat2theEarth

I’m definitely up for this I’m kinda stuck for creativity this sounds like it will help a lot!

giliegil

yeeeeiiiiaaaaaa (in my rick james voice) 8-) – sounds like fun – when do we start? :D

stanski

well what are we going to draw up i would like to get in on this as well to help me improve in some of my work :D :mrgreen: :D

I fit in with used to do this but you had to do a tat on a exercise epidermis. Unfortunately it kind of passed away out because it was only ever the same few people publishing. Go for it, if i can discover a while I’m activity, can’t guarantee though as I’m really fast paced presently and don’t have here we are at much at all presently.

LisaM

yeah, great idea. I’m in

robroy289
      Participant

What happened with this idea and when does anyone want to start!! Sounds fun!

nytemareh
      Participant

yeah i thought this was a great idea myself. to bad it went by the wayside, and spammers have over run this forum.

robroy289
      Participant

workn on that

TexasPT

I just came back to this forum after a long break…funny this was resurfaced. I’d be in if anyone else wanted to.

nytemareh
      Participant

and i still like the idea

robroy289
      Participant

Well throw some idea out there and we will roll with it!!!

nytemareh
      Participant

Ok well since it is the week of halloween. Let’s see graveyard peice. I will.start a thread in flash section will name it art contest week 1. I say all entries by friday and on saturday and sunday members vote then winner picks new new theme

SparkEater72

great idea, except no one posts here but spammers anymore.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan