• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      MrA

Hi Folks,
      Just like many of the posts I’ve read on this forum, I am pretty green. I have been Tattooing for 2 months. I have picked up a few things already. So far the most valuble piece of experience I have gained is that its not as easy as it looks.
      I can go through all the motions of what I see when I am done by a Professional, but when the dust settles I am always left with a result that clearly says “Scratcher”.
      I have artistic skill. I love pencil drawing. I’m not bad at it.
      Since a child I have been facinated with the Tattoo. The art, the artist, the bringing together of man and machine; in tune with one another, in harmony. The sound that Tattoo makes reverberates to my core. It is a unique sound that echos right through all human history, as ancient as time itself. Every time I perform the Tattoo ritual I feel as if I am envoking the spirits of all our common ancestors. Tattoo is deeply spiritual to me, man.
      Any way, hello. Nice to have a friendly place to chat to like minded folks.
      Mr. A
      Co. X Tattoo

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome. The word “scratcher”? Man i hated that label when i first started! The truth is i have seen better art come from so called scratchers than some of these hole in the was tattoo parlors!!
      Yes, I went on and got a apprenticeship and now work at a tattoo shop but i will never forget those punk ass hatters who would down grade me knowing that with the right training and guidance i would and could be just as good or if not better as them.
      SO, Don’t worry about that label and keep doing what you love to do. I sounds to me like you are true and genuine about this art. We are glad to have ya here.
      I am sorry i did not mean to go off on the dark side but it just struck a nerve to be called a scratcher but no-matter at home or in the shop i remember where i came from and i am a scratcher for life!!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

personally Scratcher isnt a general term for a home artist, but a derogatory term to people who don’t tattoo properly, or safely from home. its for people who are doing exactly as the name implies: scratching the skin.

welcome to the forum. i hope to see you active. practice a lot. you’re going to lose a lot of money practising on fruit for a while. dont go on skin until you’re 110% ready. buy some honeydew melons and fill them up all the way around :)

MrX

MrA from Co.X Tattoo is now MrX

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan