• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Nakari

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and since it seems to be the thing to do I figured I might as well introduce myself too. I am a 36yo happily married female. I have at current count 11 tattoos ( 4 studio pieces / 3 ” kitchen wizard” pieces / 4 self done pieces). I have been in love with tattoos for as long as I can remember, Got my very first one just after midnight on my 18th birthday because my mom was big on it being ” legal” . And its been all up hill since then. I say uphill because I do not see tattooing / getting tattooed as being a downhill kind of thing. I went on to spend more time in the local tattoo studio at college then I did in class and soaked up all the info I could.

I have been tattooing for just over a year now and my work has been progressively improving as I learn more and practice more. Here is the thing with me though, I can not draw by hand to save my soul. I can shade and color , that’s not a problem, but drawing the outline by hand, nope, even my stick figures are lopsided… but I can work Photoshop like there is no tomorrow. Every tattoo I have done has been designed in Photoshop and in the opinions of those that have seen them look good. Once its on the stencil ( dot matrix printer and spirit paper ) I can trace the hell out of it and keep the lines clean and clear no problem.

I am a clean and sterile kinda girl when it comes to equipment , supplies and work space ( disposables wherever possible and covers on everything else ) I am a diabetic, so infection is defiantly a big deal for me. I have only tattooed 2 people, myself and my husband but I always practice safety protocols as if we had every disease known to man. Disposable is key since we can not afford an autoclave for reusable materials.

I am the first to admit that there are designs and techniques that are beyond my abilities but I use up practice skin like it was going out of style trying to improve whenever possible. Everything I know about tattooing I learned by myself through watching, asking , reading, practicing and practicing some more.

Welcome! sounds like you are on right path. Where are you an apprentice?
      Best of luck to you!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan