• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      TheAnger46

Hi guys, how are you?

Well this is my first thread, I dropped a couple of posts these past days when I joined in though… Anyways, hello everybody! I’m 25 and from Spain… Been always drawing when I was a child ’till studies began absorving more of my time when I was 16 and kind of lost the opportunity to go on with it.

I’m 25 now, still young (hopefully) and in my last year of studies; engineering though is not the dream I wanta chase, and always having been a fan of drawing and tattoos I’m gonna give it a go to this seriously.

I never did have any lesson nor even any pointer on drawing, I think my drawings are just above the average, which I consider it’s too little to apply for an apprenticeship, but I have patience and time…

I’m gonna give myself up to 2 years to build a nice, serious and mixed portfolio so that I’m in a position to ask for an apprenticeship in a couple of years.

Will be in London this autumm (there are quite an ammount of really nice studios up there!), so I was considering offering my help as a shop bitch, manager or toilet scrubber. Let it be CLEAR that it would NOT be for apprenticeship YET. Maybe I can just get in exchange for that some pointers, tips and “lessons” on drawing and preparing my portfolio in exchange for that? Have you ever seen that kind of trait? I’d be eager to offer around 15 hours weekly, not more as I have to pay bills and will have another paid full-time job. My personality fits to bring coffees, setting up stations, taking appointments, scrubbing the bathrooms, anything, as long as I get something back.

I’ll be in London for like a year and a half, after which I would ideally have developed some skills and a nice portfolio so that I can then apply for an apprenticeship, likely in New Zealand for personal reasons, again doing part-time in the studio or as much I can while being able to gain some money in any other job just to survive lol

Is it realistic? Is there a better plan? Can you actually get better at drawing if you’re “just” better than the rest of the “civillian” people you know or you have to be top-notch from the very beginning? Are there any chances I’m actually tattooing by the time I hit 30 years old?

I’ve always been a dreamer, kind of, but it’s my life we’re talking about, so be as realistic as you can; I think I do have some skills and I’m good when it’s about following patterns, so I guess once I manage to get those patterns in my head I’ll be more able to do real drawing and create more original things, I’m passionate (was the kid wanting to work for Disney always) and I think 5 years is time enough to start from scratch to get some ink into some people and make a living out of it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your time and attention, it’s really appreciated.

Cheers.

You will be okay! hang in there.. you can do it. Don’t worry about the age or timeline, but dont think you will make a ton of money doing this job… it’s rough

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan