• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      scryme

hey guys,new to the group as of today but ive been creeping it for a bit. im trying to get good as a traditional tattoo artist. i recently moved from pigs/fake skin to real skin and this is what i got. im about 15 tattoos deep now. made a tumblr because i couldnt seem to get em on here. let me know what yas think(keeping in mind im going for traditional here). cheers! ps these are in no particular order

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/scrymetattoo

http://s1282.beta.photobucket.com/user/scrymetattoo/library/

nytemareh
      Participant

Really nice stuff

scryme

@nytemareh wrote:

Really nice stuff

thanks man!

ben.catterall
      Participant

I agree. You have some pretty cool stuff. :D

Viper65

OLD SCHOOL!!!! way to go man! you got some really nice clean work right there keep it up and your well on your way!!!! The shading on you work is really nice and very smooth!!!!!

mussie

really like your work, what do you use to get that shading so smooth?

scryme

@mussie wrote:

really like your work, what do you use to get that shading so smooth?

first off, thanks alot guys, i appreciate the input.

secondly for shading i use nothing but uncut black and just push it outwards from the more heavily saturated points. real quickly. i run about a 3 mm stroke with usually an 11-13 stacked mag at about 6-7 volts. to shade parts with little initial saturation ill just graze over it quickly until i get what i want. not sure the technical term cause ive just been self educating but the closest i could call it would be whip shading. it took a while before i could do it properly and still i feel iffy about doing it because you have to push so hard and fast but with the proper needle hang i generally wind up with no blood or trauma to the skin.

mussie

thankyou :) that should help me out alot. i was doing a tattoo on myself and was shading with a 7flat mag and you can see each needle hole if you look real close, and was finding it hard to get it smooth. but i’m going to give the larger mag a try. thanks hugely :)

scryme

@mussie wrote:

thankyou :) that should help me out alot. i was doing a tattoo on myself and was shading with a 7flat mag and you can see each needle hole if you look real close, and was finding it hard to get it smooth. but i’m going to give the larger mag a try. thanks hugely :)

thats what were all here for!

ic3qu33n

i really like your work

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan