• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Lately when i’ve been tattooing with my power source its been acting funny. While taking a break to put more ink in the tube i’ll go back to put a line in and my machine wont catch the power. I’ll have to fiddle with it a bit (change the angle of the clip cords, readjust the rca jack that goes into the power source for the foot switch, etc.) Than the light on the source goes from dim to a bright light. Sometimes ill press on the foot switch and i’ll feel the arm. Bar click a bit as if its about to move than it will kick on so i can actually do a line or shade a bit til it happens again. I’m sure this has something to do with my source. Does anyone else have this problem. Can anyone recommend a good power source?
      Also when im tuning my machine to get it to run smooth the voltage will show a small number like 2.3 until i hit the sweetspot at maybe 10 or even higher in some cases. Is this normal or just another issue with power source.

boot3rs
      Participant

Well awhile back I had a Issue with my power Machine. It would always cut in and out whilie tattooing. I thought this was normal so just kept adjusting everything.

If possible try hooking your tattoo machine to another power supply.

Use your same clip cord when you hook it up. If your tattoo machine works fine its your power supply.

If it is still doing the same issue try to hook it up to the other power supply with a different clipcoard. If it works fine with the new clipcoard then your clipboard is fine.

Make sure you test out your foot pedal cord as well.

I had this problem for 2 months and never suspected it was my power supply because it was brand new. I thought there was a issue with my tattoo machine. Guess what my power supply was bad. That solved the issue for me.

boot3rs
      Participant

@boot3rs wrote:

Well awhile back I had a Issue with my power Machine. It would always cut in and out whilie tattooing. I thought this was normal so just kept adjusting everything.

Use your same clip cord when you hook it up. If your tattoo machine works fine its your power supply.

If it is still doing the same issue try to hook it up to the other power supply with a different clipcoard. If it works fine with the new clipcoard then your clipboard is fine.

If none of this works the issue is most likely with your tattoo machine, not tuned correctly, bad coil, bad capacitor and so on

I had this problem for 2 months and never suspected it was my power supply because it was brand new. I thought there was a issue with my tattoo machine. Guess what my power supply was bad. That solved the issue for me.

boot3rs
      Participant

@boot3rs wrote:

@boot3rs wrote:

If none of this works the issue is most likely with your tattoo machine, not tuned correctly, bad coil, bad capacitor and so on

People will disagree with me. But a power supply unit that is very cheap and is working for me right now is called Monster Point Proffesional. It has a jack for two clipcoards and has a voltage dial for two clipcoards, Its a digital read out with voltage only. It cheap I think $35 dollars and so far its been fine.

Alright i”ll look into it. Sad thing is i cant compare it with another power supply because in my small town of 2500 im literally the only person working towards becoming a tattooist so noone has another source for me to use. Not to mention the closest shop is 1.5 hours away. No wonder why i cant find a decent apprenticeship lol

TexasPT

if you bought an inexpensive kit I’d check the footswitch first. I had one go and the symptoms are exactly as you described. Opened it up, soldered the wife, and it’s run like a champ since.

Mark

Toombs

Funny I actually ran into the exact same problem last week… Found out what my problem was though… I invested in a cheap ass foot switch from eBay, thus being said, poorly made… I ended up opening/unscrewing the foot switch jack and found that one of the solder points had deteriorated to the point where the main power supply cable fell off… So I resoldered that and all other solder points in all the jacks I have and it runs extremely well now… Might not be the same problem as you but it wouldn’t hurt to check if the solder points are crappy…

Valencia

My power source just died last week, it was a cheap one ($30)
      a friend of mine who happens to be an electrician is checking it out just to be sure it’s beyond reparable.
      If that’s the case, i think i´ll be buying a dual power supply of 80 bucks… hope it doesn’t fry right away

jonathan

i had same problems fer awhile with 2 of my new pwer supplies ended up finding out its more in yer contact screw on the gun and how its set and the angle after adjusting that and keeping it adjusted for propper lining and or shading it worked fine!

destructo

just my 2 cents, alot of times the cutting in and out is a short in the jack on the clip cord. the jack constantly is wiggling and turning so it opens up alot of room for error internally. try a good quality clip cord and see if this still happens.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan