• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

Hello all.
      First I’m going to ask the Forum Admin to post this as a sticky for all to read. I know this is more then likely covered in the Book, but for those that can’t, won’t, or just don’t want to purchase it can get a clear understanding of the most important aspect of tattooing. I can’t stress enough, how important it is to know, understand, and use the precautions of safe and clean tattooing. Not only is this a benefit for your client(s), but a benefit to you, and everyone around, that you come in contact with. How would you look yourself in the mirror every morning knowing that you gave your son, daughter, wife, or someone close to you a DEADLY disease because of that “Bangin Bad Ass Piece” you did. Especially those that Tattoo out of there house. The ones that set-up at there kitchen table, no barrier down, or everything set-up on some paper towels. 3hrs later their child is sitting in that exact spot eating dinner and drops a piece of food on the table, picks it up and eats it. Thats all it takes. It’s that simple. How about the ones that set-up in a bedroom or living room and doing that “Bad Ass Piece”, and all of those little tiny blood spatters that you don’t see are falling all over the bed, couch, and floor. 3hrs later, your child is rolling around on the floor in that exact spot. Again, it’s that simple…

Please for the sake of everyone, learn it, understand it, and most important…put in affect.

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Standards%20of%20Practice%20for%20Tattooing%20and%20Body%20Piercing%20Health.pdf

I do not advocate tattooing at home.
      But I am also not naive about the tattoo kit sales.
      I hope that those of you who have purchased a tattoo kit that also has the Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo book in it (I do not sell tattoo kits by the way), actually read the book.

There are many pages and a few chapters dedicated to “getting an apprenticeship” as well as “blood borne pathogens” and “barrier protection” as related to the tattoo industry.

I also would like to emphasize that I have seen some pretty unsafe stuff in legit tattoo studios, and I have seen guys who tattoo at home – and they are very sterile and sanitary.

If you are tattooing and you are learning- try to learn in a studio. If you are going to tattoo in a location other than a studio – then make sure it is legal in your area, and ONLY use disposable tubes and needles (single use). Get a sharpz container, and use barrier protection.

Pickup some madicide or cavicide for your nonporous surfaces.
      If you have kids – then it is best to avoid allowing other people’s bodily fluids to reside in your home!
      This is actually kind of gross even if you don’t have kids.

But I am not stupid to think that thousands of people are tattooing at their homes – and I would hope to try to just get safety info out there.
      The goal of this site and my books / DVDs ect. is to help these artists who can’t seem to get an apprenticeship – or who are currently engaged in a proper tattoo apprenticeship, but their mentor is not as “quality” artist or technical as they would like — to get some additional information.

I encourage anyone and everyone to share their horror stories, and their positive suggestions, as well as medical and tattoo related links.

Thank you for the post and the comments!

-CR Jordan

Candice

The tattoo supplies the security problem of the value of the attention I indeed, if tattoo unqualified , will affect the health of others

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan