• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I’m quite the novice tattoo artist I do admit. I have done practice on fake skin, oranges, and myself. But when I try to tattoo others the needle catches on the skin.
      If anyone has any suggestions that might help it would be much appreciated

Loopi

When you say catches skin what exactly do you mean?

Are you checking your needles some times they might be barbed never a bad thing having a look before you use them on skin.

is it all needles or only a certain size? are you using the same brands?

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

assuming this is happening while shading or color. first thing is your hand speed is faster then your machine speed you need to match these, by either slowing your hand, or speeding up your machine. proper machine tuning will greatly help this. the other issue would be not enough stretch……

robroy289
      Participant

This happend to me alot at first switching from fake to real. Just make sure to watch your needle depth and try slowing your hand speed down. Thats what worked for me. When is the needle hanging up? Linning? Or shadeing?

It happens when I’m doing lining. I try to take it slow and work my hand in a circular motion but the needle will still stick in the skin and I have to pull it up and out of the skin. I’m having a hard time getting the needle to continue in a straight line while I’m tattooing. The needles I’m using came with the machine I have which I bought off ebay, like I said I’m quite the novice, and I’m pretty sure they’re single pronged needles. The box they’re in says EO GAS STERILE NEEDLES so I’m not sure if that helps explain anything. I’m pretty sure it’s a problem with how far the needle is out of the tip.

robroy289
      Participant

I hope you are only useing these things on your self. Ebay has some good stuff ive herd but i stick to the tattoo supply stores my self. On the packs that your needles come in they should have numbers on them like 3RL, 5Rl, 7RL, and so on. I dont knowif you are familliar with those or not but they stand for Round Liner if they do not have that on them then how are you gona know what you are useing. You can buy disposiable needle/tube combo from needlesupply.com i highly recomend to do that. You can order them by five at a time. Im not saying ebay isnt good for some stuff but when you are dealing with putting something on someones skin for life its better to know what you are useing and that it is up to par. As far as the needle catching the skin, Machine tunning, hand speed, and needle depth. You can find all this and more tips in this book basic fundamentals of modern tattoo. I finally broke down and ordered it and man it helps so much you can find it on ebay. I hope this helps..

jacobs8891

Tattoo needle should be used very delicately and should be operated by an expert only. If it is used by a novice,then It can be harmful to the body and can cause skin or health problems. You should get a good needle or suggest some expert tattoo artist and specify your problem. You will surely get a good solution.

Viper65

Ive had this happen myself in the past…typically its a needle that is out just a tad far and your hand foot coordination is a bit off in timing…your nerves arent helping either so basically your just not being smooth and catching skin on a pull.

mussie

hi ya, im a novice too and i had this problem. but i too had cheap stuff from ebay, you really do get what you pay for in the tattoo world. honestly i’ve upgraded my stuff to the gear my trainers use and it’s made a world of difference, the only time i get it now is if i run my hand too fast with put thinking, but very rare i happens :)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan