• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Loopi

So as part of my introduction I mentioned I have to tattoo my self (which i love … some of my friends find inflicting pain upon my self a sign of madness)

I tattooed my thigh (I am a curvy girl not short of a bitta thigh) tattooed for 2 hours was wiping and doing my thing but i noticed the ink wouldnt sit in properly. *takes a moment to work out how to explain this* … i would tattoo a line then wipe and notice a bit of the line would go missing i would tattoo it again thinking i didnt go in far enough or wiped too hard but the same thing would keep happening. I left it heal and a few weeks later re did the lines same thing happened!

this may sound silly but I have to know is this because I am on the pudgier side? or am i missing some thing here? its driving me mad!

cjmahone66

if everything is fine at first and then it starts to happen after some time, then it could be because your pigment is getting watered down by the plasma.
      when you are tattooing, your needles are picking up small amounts of plasma and other bodily fluids, then you dip back into your pigment and essentially dilute it. if you ever watch any videos of Mario Barth, you’ll notice he will set out several cups of the same color and he doesn’t stay in one cup too long. that’s to ensure you are always getting a high concentration of pigment.

as far as your weight goes, if you are heavy enough to have stretch marks, you may find it hard for those areas to take pigments with consistancy.
      hope that helps.

Loopi

No stetch marks on my thighs (dunno should I be happy at that)

Ahhh!!! thats makes sense! I remember my tutor mentioned that I should use the small cups so I dont waste the ink he kinda mentioned it in passing! but now with all that info combined it makes sense! why fill a tub of ink to only use a quarter of it…

AHH said the blind man I see now! :D

nytemareh
      Participant

Could also be as simple as the skin bouncing with the needle. In which case stretching is very important. although i am not getting whether it happening as you are tattooing or noticine after it heals.

Loopi

@nytemareh wrote:

Could also be as simple as the skin bouncing with the needle. In which case stretching is very important. although i am not getting whether it happening as you are tattooing or noticine after it heals.

Happening as i am tattooing … https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/542527_10150981608371011_623716010_12230036_1969939620_n.jpg thats it… :/ it was perfect when it was tattooed them when i wiped it ink came away from areas. I do stretch with the three point pull. that picture is taken after a week and a half so its scabby.

nytemareh
      Participant

Could be as cj said, i had something like this occur when i went to deep. It scabbed up and the ink pulled out. Also had this happen from not keeping needle same depth while doing line. In that case i didnt keep needle same depth whith curve of the body part. The line would start fine and fade off towards end due to me not adjusting as i was going. Could lots of things and combinations of them

cjmahone66

@nytemareh wrote:

yes, also a good suggestion. proper stretch is essential.

do you ride the tube tip, or let the needles hang?
      when starting out, riding the tube may help you get a more consistent depth, but it will be harder to see your lines. if you decide to ride the tube, it will irritate the skin more and you will have to get real good at “sensing” where the needle is.

Loopi

I let it all hang out :) … i leave about 2 mm out before pushing down the bar. its a comfort thing really I am only tattooing since march its on the top of my thigh and its a awkward angle to get to i could very well of lost my depth while trying to ink it.

Jbeaufosho

Yikes. If you really are stretching the skin enough, then it doesn’t look like you’re going anywhere near deep enough. low quality ink or improperly tuned machine could also be factors, but this sounds like something your “tutor” should be helping you with.

Loopi

@Jbeaufosho wrote:

Yikes. If you really are stretching the skin enough, then it doesn’t look like you’re going anywhere near deep enough. low quality ink or improperly tuned machine could also be factors, but this sounds like something your “tutor” should be helping you with.

Yup it sure is! My “tutor” wil be helping me when I pop in with my new stuff. :D

maxul

Dear, you should have not done tattoo on your own thigh. Since you may be good artist doing tattoo on thigh part of body is not easy. Now what you can do is that find a colleague who is a good artist. And have a modification on your tattoo. You can read about tattooing a lot here Tattoos-beauty.com

Loopi

I know the tattoo is a bit dodgey but its part of my learning, I might never get it sorted so it a “beautiful” tattoo but when I get to the level of a professional tattoo artist I could always have my crappy little rose to remind me where i came from.

I think my tutor is just testing me, I can tattoo all the fake skin and pig skin in the world but I need to see my its like when it heals..

giliegil

well said loopi! i personally believe that tattooin yourself as the 1st tattoo you put on skin is the best thing to do – the 1st tattoo i did was on myself – on my leg – and it’s full of holidays and imperfections but i won’t “fix ” it – it’s perfect just the way it is because it is what it is……the 1st tattoo i ever put on skin – about a year ago i did one on my other leg and i love seeing how much better i have gotten – and in the near future i will add on to that because i know i have gotten even better – so to all beginners i will always recomend to hit yourself 1st – 8-)

ChrisWarren

If everything is tuned properly and your getting a good 3 point stretch you might consider your hand speed. Personally I would slow down a bit and see if that helps :D

Loopi

Sounds good :) might give it a lash later :)

When you are needling, your tiny needles are choosing up little lcd and other liquids, then you dip back into your shade and basically diminish it. if you ever observe any video clips of Mario Barth, you’ll observe he will set out several glasses of the same shade and he doesn’t remain in one cup a lengthy time. that’s to make sure you are always getting a higher attention of shade.

LisaM

Thanks for the tips. I find this very useful. Been thinking of having my thigh tattooed.

Got to admit, my thigh has been the easiest part of myself to tattoo… I’ve done the front surfaces above my knees, the outside edge, which was awkward to sit for, but easy to tattoo, and the inside edges, which were a bit painful, but easy to tattoo… Practice skin is the skin between your knee and hip, not a rubber mat :D

Viper65

Just looking at what the picture showed my guess is that she wasnt going deep enough in those areas and the needle was just bouncing off the skin most of the time. I would venture to say that with proper stretch and depth this problem would not be a problem at all…….. :geek:

@Loopi wrote:

I remember my tutor mentioned that I should use the small cups so I dont waste the ink he kinda mentioned it in passing! but now with all that info combined it makes sense! why fill a tub of ink to only use a quarter of it…

Ink is cheap… so are tubes and needles and paper towels and baggies!!!!
      Don’t skimp!!!

: )

Sabio

Looppi, what brand of Ink are you using?…

Also, regardless on how flexible you might be… if you going to do your tight you should have some a friend help you stretch your skin… I been tattooing for 10 years and about 2 months ago I decided to tattoo my self for the first time… No a good idea… but with the help of my son I was able to finish it!!!… I did tattoo my tight also… My son help me stretch my skin…

FrancoLewis

@Loopi wrote:

So as part of my introduction I mentioned I have to tattoo my self (which i love … some of my friends find inflicting pain upon my self a sign of madness)

I tattooed my thigh (I am a curvy girl not short of a bitta thigh) tattooed for 2 hours was wiping and doing my thing but i noticed the ink wouldnt sit in properly. *takes a moment to work out how to explain this* … i would tattoo a line then wipe and notice a bit of the line would go missing i would tattoo it again thinking i didnt go in far enough or wiped too hard but the same thing would keep happening. I left it heal and a few weeks later re did the lines same thing happened!

this may sound silly but I have to know is this because I am on the pudgier side? or am i missing some thing here? its driving me mad!

How does it feel to tattoo your self?

Jester
      Participant

Pretty much sucks!!
      Not only do you have to concentrate on your work,
      you have deal with the pain. The worst for me was
      right at the top edge of my knee.

FrancoLewis

I think its not because your in a pudgier side. maybe because you miss something on it. :-)

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan