• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ratmonkey

Just bought a kit and it came with a no name power supply. Got everything setup to do my first practice skin tattoo. Plugged in power supply, attached to machine turn on and armature bar dosnt really move. Then the power supply loses all power and goes off. Now it does not turn on at all. So I just ordered a Valsturd Panzer power supply from tattooequipment.com. Has anyone used these before? Was about 40 bucks. I figure I will soon have to replace the 2 machines from the kit as well. Though I haven’t even used them. Will probably get a few Hildbrandt machines.

Rscotti91
      Participant

Where did you order your kit from? I’d recommend a hildbrandt kit for a starter, not the best but good for the price. That’s what I started with, the machines were a little heavy for me at first but grew on me as time went on. I actually still use them but I’ve customized them with new springs, coils, and armature bar.

ratmonkey

I ordered the kit through lightinthebox.com for 99 bucks. Am in the process of now buying individual pieces of much better quality. Should have the new power supply today or tomorrow. Having 2 new machines custom made. Should have those in a week or two. Bought Starbrite ink. Will probably use disposable tubes and grips. Can’t wait to get practicing and post my work here. Trying to absorb all the info I can.

Rscotti91
      Participant

Did you have the voltage set correctly for your country? Meaning115v or 230v? I know when I first started, I thought my power supply was dead cause it did the same thing. But then I thought of using my computer power cable for my power supply cause of it being the same type of cable. My PS was set on 230v when I got it and didn’t pay attention so it shorted out the power cable. I don’t know about the Valsturd panzer, I purchased the hildbrandt Abrams dual PS. It was a little more expensive but it has a CE directive which made me feel more comfortable purchasing it. How much did you spend on the 2 new machines, if I might ask? Starbrite pigment is ok (IMO.) It doesn’t take to my skin well. I prefer Kuro Sumi, Intenze, and alla prima. But I’m testing out MOMs ATM, it’s not bad for the price for a small set. Disposable is the way to go, very sterile and easy clean up. If you’re taking all the proper precautions that is. If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I’ll answer them to the best of my knowledge. If I don’t know I’m going to tell you flat out, I much rather BE IGNORANT then BS knowledge. -R.Scotti-

ratmonkey

I am in the U.S. Not sure if the new one will have the option for 115 or 230, but will definitely check. The machines are being made for 75.00 a piece. The guy tests them and they seem to be quality machines. Says he likes them more than any other machine he has used. Could be a sales pitch but he seems pretty knowledgable. We shall see. Thanks for the info and watch for my work in a few weeks.

Rscotti91
      Participant

So am I but my PS has a switch on the back to change from EU to US or vice versa. Well I hope that they’re worth the money for your sake. May I ask where you found this person, and can you purchase these machines without a being a licensed pro or apprentice? Like I said before you can get ok machines and tune them to be a decent. Meaning spend 75 bucks for the ok machines plus new parts and retune them to your liking. Oh don’t worry I shall, I just posted a few pieces of line work with titbits of shading.

ratmonkey

I found him on ebay. You could probably find some of his on there if you want to see what they may look like. He is from Virginia. Pretty sure they all start at 70.00 or 75.00. I didn’t bid on them. I contacted him through his ebay contact info and asked if he would build me a liner and shader. He asked for my preferences, so I explained I was new to tattooing and did not have an apprenticeship. He was cool about it. So no you don’t need a license to purchase.

Rscotti91
      Participant

Yeah, I found him. They look like decent quality machines. I’m asking him questions before buying one, but I think I might purchase one.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan