Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

I was tattooing my husband, went to shake up a dark green ink bottle and ink went everywhere. I can’t seem to get it out of where it fell on the carpet. Any one know a trick?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah rip out the carpet
      you shouldnt be tattooing anywhere where there is fabric. No carpet, no fabric chairs, nothing. fabric is a breeding ground for bacteria

Infamous
      Participant

Unprofessionally speaking, try sprinkling some baking soda over it, wait 15 minutes then scrub vigorously with vinegar diluted with hot water.

Professionally speaking, don’t tattoo on carpet. Now that whole room is contaminated. Much better to tattoo somewhere where you can mop.

I don’t tattoo on the carpet, I do it in the kitchen where there is tile, and I always sterilize the floor before I tattoo. I was walking and shaking the bottle, and it sprayed into the next room. Thanks, I’ll try the baking soda and vinegar

Also, I tattoo my husband at home, not customers. I’m inbetween shops right now, I don’t bring people into my kitchen to tattoo them.

Spider
      Participant

@BeginnersLuck wrote:

I don’t tattoo on the carpet, I do it in the kitchen where there is tile, and I always sterilize the floor before I tattoo.

I can honestly say that those words make me cringe a little. And before you hit the reply button and start yelling “you gotta start somewhere” let me just say, On a personal note, it’s not just the floor, it’s location. Part of the cross contamination you are wanting, should be wanting to contain is traffic. I have personally tattooed in a bedroom before, I also went thru the trouble of laying down painters plastic over the area I was going to be working in as well. I wrapped everything in cling wrap. Even if it was me just working on my wife. When I was still doing traveling ink I did the same thing, had a roll of painters plastic from the hardware store and masking tape. pulled out a section big enough to lay over the floor where I was working and taped the edges down, same thing for the chair, or in some cases beds, that I had to tattoo on. My point is that while this may be a beginners forum, your point should be by joining this kind of forum to get better. Part of getting better is to take advice that is good and use it in a practical way. It doesn’t matter where you ink at, but where ever it is, create you a clean area doing whatever you have to do to get that done. I have tattooed in someones kitchen, I also covered every single counter with painters plastic and told them either I do it my way or we don’t ink for the night. Just be safe is all…

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

@Spider wrote:

@BeginnersLuck wrote:

I don’t tattoo on the carpet, I do it in the kitchen where there is tile, and I always sterilize the floor before I tattoo.

I can honestly say that those words make me cringe a little. And before you hit the reply button and start yelling “you gotta start somewhere” let me just say, On a personal note, it’s not just the floor, it’s location. Part of the cross contamination you are wanting, should be wanting to contain is traffic. I have personally tattooed in a bedroom before, I also went thru the trouble of laying down painters plastic over the area I was going to be working in as well. I wrapped everything in cling wrap. Even if it was me just working on my wife. When I was still doing traveling ink I did the same thing, had a roll of painters plastic from the hardware store and masking tape. pulled out a section big enough to lay over the floor where I was working and taped the edges down, same thing for the chair, or in some cases beds, that I had to tattoo on. My point is that while this may be a beginners forum, your point should be by joining this kind of forum to get better. Part of getting better is to take advice that is good and use it in a practical way. It doesn’t matter where you ink at, but where ever it is, create you a clean area doing whatever you have to do to get that done. I have tattooed in someones kitchen, I also covered every single counter with painters plastic and told them either I do it my way or we don’t ink for the night. Just be safe is all…

+1

I never used painter’s plastic but i always would clean the floors with a steam mop, distilled water, and green soap, and every surface was cleaned with CaviCide :3

tat2dguru

@BeginnersLuck wrote:

I don’t tattoo on the carpet, I do it in the kitchen where there is tile, and I always sterilize the floor before I tattoo. I was walking and shaking the bottle, and it sprayed into the next room. Thanks, I’ll try the baking soda and vinegar

I’m having a tough time with you sterilizing the floor before. You may be “sanitizing” your floor, but we understood what you were talking about.

Lennart82
      Participant

Okey, now we have all had our saying. Lesson learn, NO carpets.

But thats not what you asked right.

There is alot of house hold advices for removing a ink stain. You have to listen to the elderly house wives, you know, those with arms that could crush a melon. They have the sound and best advice.
      My grandmother was that kind of woman, and she gave me THIS advice

The stain dabbed with undiluted ammonia that instantly whitens stain. Wash thoroughly with cold water. Ink from the pen to remove with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball in strong and persistent rubbing.

(Mind you, this is from kaligraphy ink, but maybe it works for tattoo ink as well.)

And if its dried by this time, then
      Dried stains be lubricated with glycerin, which will sit for a few hours. Then cleaned with a carpet cleaner or detergent containing detergent.

Hope you get it of.

Jester
      Participant

I haven’t tried it myself, but I was told peroxide/baking soda works for stains.

Wet the area with Hydrogen Peroxide 3% Solution (test first on inconspicuous spot).
      Cover with baking soda (don’t scrub). Let it set for 24hrs, then suck it up.

Like I said, I haven’t tried it. Anythings worth a try.

Infamous
      Participant

Dollar Store? Now I know you’re a scratcher

Infamous
      Participant

Dollar Store stuff is just regular retail stores stuff, its just super old, about to expire, poorly packaged, etc. etc.

Stay clean people.

You just gotta know what your buying!

Infamous
      Participant

lol you think your a big-shot? I bet you haven’t been in a single magazine, and if you have I bet it was just some trash.

Just FYI, Billy Boy, kitchens are for cooking not tattooing!

You don’t even have the balls to show your work here

Infamous
      Participant

lol like owning a studio makes you a good artist?

And just because they make a lot of money DOES NOT mean they have good products THAT’S JUST DUMB AS HELL

Infamous
      Participant

And are you freaking kidding me??? Condiment caps?? WTF kind of information are you reading? OMG just take your scratcher ass and go the hell away before I find you and cut off your hands!

And not a single shred of evidence on all your so called stuff, your just all talk. I don’t know who your trying to impress but its not working lol

Infamous
      Participant

Yeah they make a lot of money because they sell cheap ass products dumbshit

Infamous
      Participant

God, WTH is wrong with you, they’re not the same thing! Those cups are clean and sterile, been treated under UV lights and what not.

I bet you just go to McDonalds and pocket as many as you can and walk out because you’re too cheap to buy anything!

Infamous
      Participant

Just because they’re made from Wendy’s paper does not mean they DIDN’T BUY THEM FROM WENDY’S unused, unopened, and then made sure they were safe. You are incredibly dumb if you think they didn’t!

Infamous
      Participant

We were in Iraq for oil, and we were in Afghanistan because they fucking dive-bombed the twin towers with planes you son of a bitch. It’s sad that you don’t even know what you were fighting for. How dumb can you be?

Infamous
      Participant

And another thing, really? You assume those cups are sterile? Do you even have any idea how many people touched those cups with their bare hands??

I can eat off my plate at home, but that don’t mean it’s sterile. Clean yes, Sterile no.

Infamous
      Participant

I treat them under UV lights before using them you dumbass. I don’t just go to Wendy’s and steal all their cups that Lord knows who has been touching with their dirty ass hands and take them to my kitchen to tattoo someone with like you do.

And STFU about being published if you can’t provide proof, I bet you’ve never even been in the local paper. I asked you to show your work about two pages ago and you still haven’t grown the balls to do it.

Infamous
      Participant

@the mad reaper wrote:

@Infamous wrote:

We were in Iraq for oil, and we were in Afghanistan because they fucking dive-bombed the twin towers with planes you son of a bitch. It’s sad that you don’t even know what you were fighting for. How dumb can you be?

Neither Country did that… FACT. Pakistan Was where OSOMA was found.. NOTE: WE THE U.S. Financed OSOMA in Afghanistan. To F with the then Soviet Union… We built the Caves in Afgan… We gave them Training & Special Forces Asdvisors. Training in tactics, Weapons, & Sniper Training…. We created the Monster we hunted.. Bill

Fact: You are clearly retarded. Fact: Its spelled Osama Fact: Osama Bin Laden was a dictator in Afghanistan who fled to Pakistan to escape capture, but we found him anyway

Infamous
      Participant

What are you talking about?

Infamous
      Participant

I have never used drawing ink of any kind to do a tattoo. That’s why I asked you what you were talking about. Your memory must be crap because you keep making up stuff now.

Lennart82
      Participant

Okey….. Cant just sit around and listen to this. You are a klaphat…. That’s a Danish word, which actually cant be translated to American. In fact its also one of the great Danish inventions. Yub we can do shit too over seas. By the way, Denmark is located in Scandinavia. And, no its not the capital of Sweden, nor is it the capitol of IKEA. Which is a common American belief. In fact, there are a lot of different countries out there. English just happens to be a language most countries masters. And that is why, a lot of forums use English as the spoken language.

Now, if you think that, just by having the domain name .com, means this is America.. Your are a bit wrong. Now I have not the statistics of the Geographic’s of the majority of the members on this site, therefore I cannot say if in fact, most members ARE Americans. That’s not the point however. Your beliefs, that America is the ruler of this planet. The leaders of the free world (I never voted this, its self-proclaimed)

To quote a line here; “Any man who must say, “I am the King” is no true king!”

You are actually what is wrong with America. I have met a ton of Americans over the internet, (Oh did you know that the internet WASENT invented by America? Again a common belief. It was invented at CERN) all of them were nice, and not full of themselves. YOU on the other hand is what the rest of the FREE world laughs about. You are the typically stereotype American that the rest of the world believes America to be.

Now you give Infamous a knockdown, calling him names and so on. Questioning his intellect. You are suppose to be country men.
      Infamous have evolved as a tattooer over the time, I have been around. He is making excellent progress. That’s what this forum is about. To teach and learn.
      I know, you have given some sound advice, I read your take on ink. But had to put it in WORD, just to give it a kind of viewing order. You have taken your time writing this, and that’s notable. The thing this started with, was that block of text. Nothing more, you could have tacked it better, with “Oh I see, yes its a load full” But you went on a rampage, attacking everything in sight.

And this brings me to another thing. Firearms, weapons, war… Soldiers. You sound like you know what your talking about. You sound like you have been a soldier and been in war.
      I too have been in WAR, twice. In both cases, my country hadn’t started the war, and had nothing to gain. It was a clean up mission. Rebuild the place. Schools and hospitals. I served a clean up crew, for a mess, not made by my country. The places if you were wondering. Kosovo and Iraq. I served KFOR and Multinational Force in Iraq. I lost 5 buddies in Kosovo. Road side bombs and sniper. I lost 3 in Iraq……. (attack when trying to save a school) And for what??? American OIL??
      I hear the same shit every time; Denmark is there to clean up, to help rebuild, to save the oppressed. That was our mission. I call it SHIT, since we didn’t cause it.
      Since I know the real history about it. I will let it be at this, and just let you believe what you will.
      The only thing Denmark ever started was the freedom of speech world wide over when The Muhammad cartoons controversy ran. Look that up will ya.

You talk about you being so good, being in magazines the likes of that. Talking to the renown tattoo artist now and then.
      Well now I have to see what you can do, I invoke the forum Rule of
      “You better be prepared to show your tattoo work, skills, designs if you get called out!”
      I now call you out.
      Don’t just do the talk, now you must do the walk.

@the mad reaper wrote:

@Infamous wrote:

lol like owning a studio makes you a good artist?

And just because they make a lot of money DOES NOT mean they have good products THAT’S JUST DUMB AS HELL

No just 2 months booked ahead.. 2 houses 4 Harley Davidson Cruisers & 2 CBR 1000, Lincoln Navigator, Jaguar.. Do.. :mrgreen:

Uhmmm no they don’t. Could show that your have the only shop in miles and miles. Or could just show that you understand business. Or could even show that you have a wealthy family. If what you say is true, that is. Could be anything… This does not make you an artist.

Now, before anything else. Show what you can do. You know I have high expectations now.

Regards
      Euro Trash Lenny

PS.
      Sorry for any spelling and grammar fails. I am, after all not American.

Lennart82
      Participant

I’m sorry if I have upset you.
      But have you seen Infamous work from when he began? And until now?
      Thats how I can see he has evolved.

I’m a man of peace. And not very big. So its a good thing I’m not there.
      But all that cursing? Not nessesary.

You cant keep living in the past of what C.R Jordan said. Its in the past.

Well we have to do this again.

I envoke the forum rule SET by C R Jordan
      “Be prepared to show your work, if called out.

I call you. Show me your work.

John005

Thanks for sharing great information.

spikey

I have heard from a friend that you can mix some warm water with bleach and salt.You only use a couple of eye drops in the water. I don’t know how well this works because iv never seen the finished result.

mariajohn

Hi every one

First: we here to share our experience, and posts here is new advice and tips and please do not fight because you just do not like others reply. :)

Second: here is some advices about how to clean Ink out of Carpet ,

1- As soon as possible after the spill, grab a clean cloth and some rubbing alcohol. Wet a corner of the cloth with rubbing alcohol and blot the ink stain. It’s imperative that you do not scrub the stain — that will exacerbate your problem. Dab gently at it, absorbing it up into the fibers of your cloth.

Start at the edge and work your way to center, preventing the stain from spreading and become a larger problem. Work in a clockwise twisting motion with your rag.

2- Dab the wet rag over the ink spot repeatedly, occasionally re-wetting the cloth with more alcohol. Get comfy, because the alcohol needs to sit on it for about 30 minutes. It needs to literally eat it away, which can take time. Keep at it!

3- To avoid damage, rinse the area with warm water and vinegar. A quarter cup of vinegar for a quart of warm water is a good ratio (that’s 1:16). The rubbing alcohol may dry out your carpet, depending on its texture, so it’s a good idea to give it this rinsing.

If the stain is gone, rinse finally with clean water and let dry. Vacuum the area if the fibers are a bit wonky.

4- If the stain persists, cover it with shaving cream. Let it sit for 15 minutes. When the clock is up, scoop it away and blot with the aforementioned vinegar and water mixture.

By now, the stain should definitely be gone. Rinse it with plain water and marvel at your spotless carpet!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan